The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for the visual brand identity, graphic design, video production, and user experience of collaterals and corporate website while providing expertise in the development and evaluation of effective communication strategies and techniques within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
• Creates and maintain a cohesive visual brand identity
• Designs the user interface/user experience (UI/UX) of CEENTA website.
• Designs print and digital materials for internal and external audiences.
• Films and edits video for internal and external audiences
• Shoots, edits, modifies and touches-up photography for various projects
• Illustrates figures, diagrams and icons for use across CEENTA’s mediums
• Organizes ideas visually to convey the desired impact and message to the target audience.
• Provides expertise on graphics, structures and human factors to identify consumer needs and behaviors
• Maintains and cultivates marketing and patient newsletter email distribution lists
• Generates reports and insights from web and marketing analytics for effectiveness and ROI
• Monitors website health (traffic, load speed, user experience, etc) with various analytic tools
• Oversees the production of CEENTA branded material by various vendors
• Manages the branded materials available on the print-on-demand system
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of trends and tools in the design field
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
• Expert Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency in HTML and CSS
• Proficiency in web analytic tools (ie. Google Analytics, Alexa)
• Knowledge of print production and pre-press setup
• Knowledge of digital advertising tools and their production requirements
• Ability to create and execute professional design and brand concepts in both print and digital mediums
• Ability to shoot high quality video footage and photography
• Ability to illustrate professional quality illustrations
• Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• Attention to Detail
• Complex Problem Solving
• Marketing Knowledge
• Multi-Tasking & Adaptability
• Working with Tools and Technology
The Graphic Design Specialist should need a limited time (1-2 weeks) to acquaint themselves to CEENTA specific systems and standards, but all core functions of the job should be present at time of hire.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Graphic Design, Communications, or a related field.
3 years of full time professional design and production experience.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in a cubical in a quiet office setting. They will be provided with a PC based workstation with all required design software pre-installed.
The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Director of Marketing
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position with core hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Physical and mental requirements
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their creativity to come up with new solutions. The employee will frequently need to brainstorm concepts and ideas. The employee will need to maintain focus when working on multiple campaigns at a time.
Travel is not required on a regular basis. Some exceptions will arise for occasional events and/or photo/video shoots.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A Typical Day in the Position
The Graphic Design Specialist’s typical day consists of the following:
• Access project management system to access the days’ workload.
• Create or modify to-dos to add new projects or update parameters
• Check analytics data for any ongoing campaigns if needed
• Record results into project management system
• Attend any meetings to intake/discuss/review ongoing projects
• Communicate through email/Microsoft Teams to various stakeholders on new or existing projects
• Work with outside vendors to maintain systems like NetPresenter or Print on Demand
• Create CEENTA branded assets based on projects/campaigns in development in but not limited to:
• Print Design
• Digital Design
• Video Production
• Email Campaigns
• Web Design