Something Classic is the award-winning, full-service catering division of the Mother Earth Group. We do all types of events from galas and sporting events to weddings and corporate entertaining. We are passionate about giving back to the community and protecting the environment. And we have our own garden!
Mother Earth Group also has several restaurants and a retail division (check us out at Harris Teeter).
Like many organizations, the pandemic forced us to slow down and reevaluate who we are as a company. We are in a rebuilding mode. Our new chef must be excited about developing processes/procedures, refining recipes, building a team, and working through re-growing pains.
We are looking for a catering chef that is passionate about food that looks beautiful and tastes great. The right chef for us understands the logistical challenges presented with serving food for 500 in a tent. He/she does not mind working out of a stairwell occasionally if that is the best place to ensure guests get a hot product.
But great food and processes only go so far. To complete the package, the right person for us has excellent communication skills, loves collaboration and teamwork.
Catering can be a fast-paced, stressful, ever-changing environment. This is not a great job for someone who loves the routine of a restaurant kitchen or never wants to work a weekend.
• Supervise, train, and motivate Catering Culinary Team
• Organize and prepare food for off premise catering and home delivery
• Assist in writing Catering menus
• Recipe development
• Food cost management
• Maintain clean kitchen meeting sanitation requirements
• Work off-premises events as needed
• Execute and participate in menu tastings
• Exhibit exceptional leadership through promoting a positive work environment, dedication to the craft
and continuing education for all
• Encourage creativity and collaboration with the Culinary Team
Over the years, we have discovered key things that make teammates successful and create an enjoyable work environment for all:
• Excels in the adrenaline of working in fast paced environment
• Ability to bring solutions to the table
• Creative thinker
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Passion for adding value, pushing boundaries, and creating amazing food
• Hard-working, self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to resolve issues quickly
• The desire and ability to quickly learn from mistakes
• Meticulous attention to details and overall product quality
• At least 3 years Culinary management experience
• Culinary Degree preferred but not required
• Experience in food cost management
Sound interesting but do not meet the qualifications yet? Send us your resume anyway. We are always
looking for good team members.
Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.