Camp North End’s farmers’ market opens on Wednesday, April 28. From then until October, you can shop local goods from 26 vendors every Wednesday from 4-8pm.
What to expect: The market will be located outdoors on Keswick Avenue near the property’s four food stalls.
- It’ll host 16 anchor vendors and 10 rotating vendors every week, selling an array of goods from local produce and fresh seafood to eco-friendly products and herbal medicine.
Why it matters: Access to fresh food is a “longtime priority” for the 76-acre complex near Druid Hills, says Tommy Mann, development director at Camp North End. This market helps address that with options for SNAP recipients.
The state of play: Before the pandemic, CNE was buzzing on weekends, but often quiet on weekdays. From this market to other community events to the new restaurants that opened in the past year, CNE has established itself as a destination on all days of the week.
North End Market‘s vendor list:
Anchor vendors include …
- Blue Goat Diary (Vale, NC) – freshly made goat cheese
- Deep Roots CPS Farm (urban farm in NW Charlotte) – vegetables, herbs, fruits and more
- Duke’s Bread (Charlotte) – scratch-made bread
- Edgerton Farm (Ruth, NC) – family-owned farm offering fresh produce
- Ekologicall (Charlotte) – eco-friendly products
- Garden Window Farm (Denton, NC) – seasonal produce
- Lucky Fish (Charlotte) – fresh seafood
- Mano Bella (Charlotte) – artisanal Italian food products
- Mouna Bowa Farm (urban farm in Uptown) – microgreens and herbs
- Nebedaye Farms (Charlotte/Indian Trail) – offering Moringa, a staple of Indian and southeast Asian cuisine
- PetWants (Charlotte) – all-natural pet food (also has a location in Optimist Hall)
- Queen Hemp (Charlotte) – hand-crafted hemp products
- Symbio Farms (Woodleaf, NC) – fresh produce
- The Wandering Bean (Lancaster, SC) – freshly roasted coffee
- Thoughtful Baking (Charlotte) – chicken and plant-based pot pies and desserts
- Yucayeke Farms (Charlotte) – herbal medicines
Rotating vendors include …
- Bun Appetit – cinnamon buns from scratch
- Crumbled Nut – craft cookies and other treats
- Farmhouse BBQ – grass-fed beef, pasture-raised port and GMO-free side dishes
- Iris Blossom – floral arrangements and bouquets
- It’s Poppin – gourmet kettle corn
- MagPies – East Indian foods
- Rub A Dub – soap & body products
- Tahor Soaps – handmade soaps
- Two Chicks Candles – handmade candles and bath products
- TYME Candles – handmade candles
Vendors will be added on a rolling basis. Apply here.