Rose Gold Rebel is looking for the next team member to join our close-knit tribe. Started on Etsy in 2016, our company has been named a top 100 Etsy shop and we opened our brick and mortar print boutique in Plaza Midwood in 2018. Our company designs, prints, and embroiders personalized apparel and gifts for every occasion. We are continuing to grow, and our work environment is fast-paced and never boring! Be prepared to dive in head-first from day one with our hard-working team.
For this position, we are looking for someone to set-up, cut, and weed the vinyl designs that will then be pressed onto the shirts and other items. This is an integral role in the production process, and success will be measured by the quantity of designs the operator can produce as well as the accuracy of the designs that are being cut and weeded. This is a job that requires a high attention to detail as each item is made to order and our customers expect everything to be perfect for their special occasions and gifting needs. You will also need to work quickly and efficiently, as we can get between 25-100 print orders every day, and have a turn time of 3-5 business days for production.
• Organize vinyl designs onto the cutting program leaving as little wasted vinyl as possible for each cutting session.
• Operate the vinyl cutter efficiently to cut the designs and trouble-shoot the machine when necessary.
• Remove vinyl when the cut session is complete.
• Check off items on the cut-list as they are completed.
• Switch seamlessly between vinyl rolls when re-loading/aligning the rolls on the cutter.
• Cut the individual designs and weed them, keeping the vinyl cutter running as much as possible to maximize efficiency and reduce down-time.
• Pin designs onto the corkboard in an organized manner, grouping designs by ship date and custom vs. non-custom.
• Pay is $10-12/hr based on experience and 15-25 hours per week depending on the previous week’s sales.
• Be able to work at least 15 hours per week between the hours of 9:00AM – 2:00PM Monday through Friday. Work days and times will depend on the team’s workload and schedule, and more hours may be available during holiday/peak order seasons.
• A clean legal record and be willing to undergo a background check prior to employment.
• No experience with vinyl cutters is required for this position (we have a U.S. Cutter machine and cut 20” and 15” rolls), but that would be a plus.
• No experience with vinyl cutting software is required (we use Sure Cuts A Lot Pro) is required, but that would be a plus.
You’re good at and enjoy:
• Working with technical equipment.
• Being thorough and detail-oriented when completing tasks.
• Working quickly and efficiently to meet daily production goals.
• Communicating and engaging in a close-knit, team-oriented environment.
• Staying organized and keeping a clean working environment.
• Problem-solving and Multi-tasking.
It’s extra awesome if you:
• Listen to 90’s rap.
• Enjoy sipping Rose and craft beers.
• Love neon signs, everything blush and palm leaf print.
• Have a chill, can-do vibe.
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending.
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent and repetitive movements.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to be on the feet standing/walking up to 2 hours per day.
• Comfortable working around sharp objects like box-cutters and vinyl tools/machine
Please send all resumes + cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write: Vinyl Tech – RGR – “your favorite 90’s song name”