Business Immigration Paralegal
Garfinkel Immigration is one of the largest law firms in the Southeast dedicated exclusively to the practice of U.S. immigration law. We are a vibrant and growing firm, representing individuals and companies of all sizes across a broad spectrum of industries.
Garfinkel Immigration is an employee-first firm that values the individual beyond the office environment. We are a highly collaborative and cohesive team, and our staff have direct access to some of the top professionals in our legal sector. We focus on providing mentorship and continuous training while also offering opportunities for professional development and advancement. We have been recognized as one of the Charlotte Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work.”
The firm is dedicated to making a positive impact through service projects and by giving back via the Garfinkel Charitable Fund, which returns a portion of our profits to nonprofit organizations both locally and nationally that reflect our core values of inclusion, equality and social and economic justice.
For more information about our firm, visit www.garfinkelimmigration.com
Our firm continues to grow and is looking for an exceptional experienced business immigration paralegal to join our team.
Under attorney supervision, prepare cases from start to finish. Gather documents, complete forms and assemble cases for review and filing, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Draft requests for evidence and other inquiries from government agencies. Conduct legal research as needed. Manage a high volume of cases. Draft supporting letters and client correspondence. Participate in legal and firm meetings, including client consultations. Develop and maintain trusting and professional relationships with clients.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in business immigration. Previous experience with E, L, H1-B, EB, O, I-140, and/or RFE is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Proficiency with case management systems and Microsoft Office applications
• Well-organized and consistently meets established deadlines
• Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Proven track record of leading, training and developing paralegals
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work easily with a wide variety of individuals
Compensation and benefits:
Garfinkel Immigration Law firm offers competitive salary, bonus opportunities, generous paid time-off (PTO) plan, paid holidays, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, voluntary retirement savings plan with company match.