Customer Success Associate
Alpha Theory is a software company using cutting-edge technology to deliver a revolutionary Portfolio Management Platform to money managers. Alpha Theory is fundamentally changing the way our clients invest hundreds of billions of dollars. The software was originally designed by a hedge fund to address the challenge of developing and maintaining an efficient portfolio.
Alpha Theory gives portfolio managers a framework to leverage their instinct and research to build a repeatable system for efficiently sizing positions in real-time. One inefficiently sized position can cost a fund millions of dollars and multiple inefficiently sized positions can put a fund out of business. As a result, this discipline of efficient position sizing is the closely guarded secret and competitive advantage of some of the largest, most successful funds in the world. Alpha Theory’s solution enhances that competitive advantage and makes it available to the entire investment community.
Alpha Theory is currently searching for a Technical Analyst to join our growing Customer Success team. We are looking for “A” players with a proven ability to take initiative and find creative solutions. Applicants must have a genuine interest in Finance, a passion for complex problem solving, and a desire to continually develop in a high-velocity environment. In this role, you will be supporting hedge fund and asset management clients that use Alpha Theory products.
A key responsibility of this role is the customer success portion of building and maintaining client relationships. In this role, one must be able to establish connections with their clients, consistently provide value, and maintain strong relationships year-over-year. In addition to, but not exclusive:
• Facilitate client onboarding to the platform, establishing data integrations between clients and Alpha Theory, custom application configurations, and ongoing support.
• Coordinate software implementations for clients through collaboration with various stakeholders, such as: Portfolio Managers, Analysts, client technical staff, and internal teams.
• Cover technical support-line hours answering inquiries from asset management clients and third-party data providers.
• Over time, establish ownership over a list of their own accounts.
Other daily activities will include:
• Researching and solving for data accuracy issues across the Alpha Theory product suite, market databases, and client position files.
• Assist the sales team with upselling, account planning, strategy, and sales engineering.
• Provide creative solutions through expert telephone, virtual, and on-site consultation.
• Support other internal teams with development, testing, and product management as needed.
Position is based in Charlotte, NC with expectations of travel at least once per quarter.
• Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, and MIS majors are preferred)
• Superb ability and desire to solve complex problems in a wide range of areas
• Strong analytical/ statistical skills
• High technical aptitude – must be able to learn Alpha Theory software quickly; also, Microsoft Excel expertise is critical
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to create and develop relationships
• Experience in a client-facing role
• Must be a team player
• Strong track record of project management
• The ability to balance competing client priorities across multiple projects
• Strong presentation and customer service skills
• Two years of experience interacting with financial professionals either in a client training, help desk, account management, or sales role
• Experience in the consulting industry, with an emphasis on delivering software solutions to clients
• SQL, Python, and JSON skills
• Experience working in the financial industry a plus
• Previous work experience at a market data vendor a plus (Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, or FactSet)
• CFA candidates/ designation holders or data science-related advanced degrees are a plus
• Comprehensive healthcare (Medical, Vision & Dental)
• HSA Plan
• Flexible schedule (Healthy Work/Life Balance)
• Competitive PTO (Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, and Maternity/ Paternity leave)