Jewelry Designer – Part Time
Fashion & Compassion is a 501c3 non-profit organization empowering women who are overcoming vulnerable situations including addiction, incarceration, human trafficking, abuse, and ethnic persecution. We empower the women, whom we refer to as Artisans by connecting them to a supportive community. They come together to make beautiful jewelry and accessories that are then sold through our local boutique and other channels. We also partner with similar organizations in developing countries, enabling us to empower women and families both locally and globally.
The Jewelry Designer position is responsible for staying on top of trends, designing jewelry for our local product line that can be made by our Artisans, training them in jewelry making techniques. The Jewelry Designer is a part of the product development team, and is key to the overall success of the organization by ensuring jewelry designs are appealing to our customer demographic.
Team Leader: Executive Director
Position Status: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Payroll Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Charlotte, NC
• 2+ years of jewelry making including finish work
• Quality Control
• Jewelry making to include finish work
• Jewelry design in support of current trends
• Training/jewelry making instruction
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team
• Problem solving
• Organized with an awareness of their impact to the full process
• Comfortable utilizing technology
• Heart for serving the vulnerable in our community
• Collaborate with Executive Director and other team members as necessary to design jewelry
• Maintain awareness of market styles and trends, ordering components for design samples
• Incorporate design elements into marketable products in line with Fashion & Compassion’s evolving customer demographics to include costing and pricing considerations.
• Ensure designs can be executed by Artisans at various skill levels.
• Create design samples for review, modification and approval.
• Participate as a Product Development Team member in discussions around overall Fashion and Compassion product mix.
• Work with production team to instruct Artisans on jewelry making techniques including beading, wire-wrapping, crimping, etc.
• Assist with quality control and make modifications/suggestions as necessary to improve quality and integrity of jewelry, complying with quality standards
• Oversee the finishing of more complex jewelry designs
• Order components for initial run of design
• Maintain jewelry “room” in established order
• Support Boutique operations by greeting customers and ringing up purchases as needed
• Periodically participate in offsite marketplaces to support jewelry sales
• Generous PTO commensurate with role and experience
• Paid Holidays
• Potential for flexible work schedule
• No health benefits or retirement benefits at this time
• Fun, creative work environment with an amazing team collaborating to empower women locally and globally
Interested candidates should email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org