Outside Sales Representative
Hiring immediately for the Concord and Mooresville territory north of Charlotte NC! Smash My Trash is a fast-growing national franchise organization. We are using vehicle-mounted waste compaction machinery to smash waste in open-top dumpsters. We reduce the trash in our customer’s dumpsters by up to 70% resulting in far fewer hauls and lower waste disposal costs. Less waste means less landfill use. We are providing cost savings and reducing the impact of waste on our planet!
Our target customers are anyone that uses open-top, roll-off dumpsters for waste disposal (typically 20 to 40 cubic yards) – most often manufacturers, distribution centers, freight forwarders, commercial and residential construction contractors, and others.
This is innovation in a stable industry. Our goals is to introduce our customers to innovation and educate them on what we do, overcoming the grip of eroded expectations and the status quo (“this is how we’ve always done things”). We are looking for motivated sale representatives to capitalize on our disruptive technology and help achieve our ambitious sales and territory growth goals!
• Prospecting and creating contact lists of potential clients in our defined territory. Making sales calls in an organized manner to maximize efficiency.
• Creating customer proposals, presenting to prospective customers, scheduling demos and appointments, following up and closing on the contract.
• Working in partnership with our Smash My Trash truck drivers to organize and conduct high impact Smash demos for prospective clients.
• Creating and tracking executed contracts and setting up service routing for clients.
• Work with operating partner to confirm correct invoicing.
• Maintaining client relationships to ensure continual client satisfaction and high contract renewal rates.
• Representing our company at appropriate association meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
• This is a remote position. Your sales meetings will take place on the customers’ premises, and local travel is expected.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in outside sales, territory sales, or regional sales in commercial waste, manufacturing, distribution, construction, manufacturing, or shipping/logistics.
• Effective communication, time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
• Goal-oriented and driven to achieve monthly sales objectives.
• Self-starter with a client service mentality.
• Computer skills a must. You will be using email, writing reports and proposals, and managing contacts and sales calls through the CRM platform.
• Flexible, team player. Sense of humor preferred.
• High School Diploma at a minimum.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Background check and drug testing required.
• Base pay of $35,568 plus commissions for new sales and incentives for contract renewal. Target year one comp of $60,000 with no cap on commissions
• Sales and operations training conducted by corporate franchise partners
• Auto expense stipend – $300 per month
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Paid time off
• Medical cost sharing program available after 60 days of employment
• Expense Card provided
• Dental and Plans available as well
Job Type: Full-time