Strategic Ops Manager
Swag Bar helps create, store and ship cohesive swag product boxes & packs on behalf of our brand partners.
We are looking for a versatile Strategic Operations Manager who is ready to roll up their sleeves and jump in as an immediate, impactful team leader. This person will effectively be the General Manager for our promotional products businesses as well as the right hand man/woman to the CEO, ultimately taking over many of the responsibilities the CEO currently owns. As a key member of our team, you will touch every aspect of the business- you’ll help evaluate and launch new product/service opportunities, you’ll build out new processes & systems playbooks, you’ll assist in the hiring, training and managing of new team members, and more.
This person will play a critical role in shaping the future of our brands and our umbrella company, engaging with the founder on a daily basis. Our ideal candidate relishes any and all opportunities to help shape a young, rapidly growing business without an established operations manual. In other words, this person thrives in an environment where they can think critically and write the playbook themselves.
You should be equally comfortable spending an entire morning designing a new client onboarding flow and spending your afternoon engaging with our fulfillment provider to better track and stock inventory. Bonus points if you can write code (html / css).
The Strategic Ops Manager is expected to be the “Glue Guy / Gal” for our business as a whole.
If you were our Strategic Ops Manager, you would have completed the following in the past few weeks:
• Created a Zapier “zap” that automatically creates a swag box fulfillment order with our warehouse upon completion of a lead form from a Fortune 500 client.
• Participated in multiple sales calls to help restructure the optimal pitch to enterprise clients
• Designed and tested a new 5-part email customer onboarding series.
• Restructured our Purchase Order creation process to make it entirely automated
• Advised the creative team on graphics and copy for 5 different landing pages for our flagship products
• Helped facilitate an online research survey with one of our ideal brand audiences.
• Engaged in a happy hour strategy session with the owner at a local brewery.
• Helped create the blueprint for a new website redesign
• You’re Proactive and Take Extreme Ownership: You don’t need much hand holding. You’re willing to run with projects and get creative to accomplish end goals. You’re willing to own the results of your work.
• You Communicate Really, Really Well: You write extremely well. You’re succinct. It drives you nuts when people ramble in a conversation. You feel an uncontrollable urge to recap what you’re responsible for at the end of a call just to make sure nothing gets missed. You take feedback well, and can give candid feedback respectfully.
• You Love to Collaborate – you live, eat and breath the Google Suite of tools from Drive to Docs to Sheets. You have a passion for not just completing a project, but for pushing team boundaries and blowing past the finish line together
• You’re Extremely Tech-Savvy: You need to be comfortable with modern technology, often diving into unknown SaaS software, learning how it works and configuring it without a lot of hand holding. (You don’t need to know how to program self-driving cars, and programming experience is not required, but the ability to dig into and understand new platforms is.) You’ll be responsible for managing our procurement / fulfillment / billing software and many of the connected SaaS apps.
• You have Exceptional Organizational Skills. We’re talking color-coded-sock drawer organized. You pride yourself on having many balls in the air at one time without a single one hitting the floor.
• You have an OCD Attention to Detail. You proofread important emails and re-read them once sent just to make sure they were typo-free. You rarely forget things. You take notes during calls. You love lists. Some people might call you “anal,” but you don’t care because those people are just sloppy and jealous of how on top of it you are. But seriously, you’re insanely detail-oriented.
• A passion for ecommerce and online business as a whole. You’ll go down a rabbit hole to discover what drives a person to spend $5,000 with swag box company they only just discovered.
Commensurate with experience.
Ideally based in or around Charlotte, NC (or within a 3 hour drive), though remote opportunities do exist
Visit the link below to complete our application and submit your resume. Any candidates that do not complete our application in accordance with the instructions will not be considered.