Criminal Defense Paralegal
Recognized as one of America’s best law firms by U.S. News and Best Lawyers, Tin Fulton Walker & Owen PLLC is dedicated to fighting for people’s rights in criminal and civil courtrooms.
Our criminal defense team is in search of an experienced paralegal to work with multiple attorneys and provide a full range of support.
The successful candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy working with people.
• Communicating with clients
• Organizing and maintaining files
• Maintaining attorneys’ calendars and keeping attorneys aware of court commitments and other events
• Filing court pleadings in state and federal court; both in-person and electronically
• Preparing and assisting with correspondence
• Assisting with client in-take
• Handling confidential and time-sensitive material
• Assisting with preparation for trials and court hearings
• Assisting with drafting pleadings
• Offering general support to at least three criminal defense attorneys both in and out of the courtroom
• Paralegal experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• North Carolina Notary Public or the ability to obtain such qualification
• Good communication and organization skills
• Familiarity with filing pleadings in state court clerk’s offices and through Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in federal court; Familiarity with filing and service procedures
• General understanding of legal terminology
Benefits include health insurance, disability/life insurance, and 401K.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com