Scoop Shop Employee
Founded by Jeni Britton Bauer in 2002, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is a B Corporation headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with scoop shops in over ten cities across the country, making it possible for members of Team Jeni’s who are interested in developing their careers, or transitioning to a new city, to have meaningful opportunities to learn, grow, and explore.
While upholding rigorous safety and cleanliness standards has always been part of how we operate at Jeni’s, due to Covid-19 we have added additional measures in our scoop shops to optimally support the safety and health of our employees and customers, including providing contactless service and practicing social distancing, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Our Ambassadors make a difference in their shop, their community, and in how they partner with their team and serve their customers. If this opportunity sounds delicious to you, please apply.
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is searching for Ambassadors to join our South End and Noda team.
At Jeni’s, we are devoted to making better ice creams and bringing people together. Our scoop shops are at the heart of how we serve this mission. They are where we offer the ice creams we work so hard to build from the ground up—where people come together to share joy and conversation. We love people. We love ice cream. We view ice cream as a form of art.
• Serve the ice cream Time magazine calls “the best in America”
• Gain valuable real-world business and entrepreneurship experience
• Work in an environment oriented around serving each other and making people’s day
• Have opportunities for growth within a growing company
• Receive competitive compensation
Ice Cream Ambassadors (also known as scoop shop employees) will be expected to:
• Exhibit passion for community, an eye for detail, a willingness to clean (a lot), stamina (to serve people in long lines), and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Be familiar with (and be able to articulate to customers) what distinguishes Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams from other ice creams, and be able to articulate that to the 500th customer with the same care and presence as the 1st customer
• Be available to work weekends, late nights (past 11 p.m.)
•Provide consistent, world-class service to every single customer
• Be reliable, on time, and ready to hustle for every shift
$7.25 – $16.65 per hour