Home Design Consultant
Expanding regional homebuilder is seeking a Design Consultant to assist new homebuyers in the design selection process including cabinetry, fixtures, and finishes. The Design Consultant will conduct design appointments at a model home in the booming Weddington/Waxhaw/Indian Land area.
The Design Consultant will be paid a lucrative base salary and be eligible for company profit sharing as well as bonuses based on upgrades selected by homeowners.
• Conduct Design Studio selection sessions with new homebuyers, covering all categories and options offered. Conduct Design Studio “browse” appointments with prospective buyers as needed.
• Discuss pricing throughout to maximize upgrade selections without creating a loan-approval appraisal risk.
• Secure all finalized design documentation and option deposit within the time frame
• Assist in building Design Studio photo library of product images, model images, and completed inventory images.
• Obtain knowledge of various available floorplans, including electrical plans and the cabinet drawings as well features of different communities, including standard features, available options, and neighborhood amenities.
• Review contract file for any notations or communication from the Sales team and for any discrepancies in the contract paperwork (Plan, Elevation, Structural Options, Exterior Color, etc.)
• Review option pricing printouts and work with Purchasing department to correct any pricing errors.
• Notify Construction team and vendors of upgrade selections
• Prepare ARB (Architectural Review Board) submittal packages
• Maintain and update samples whenever products are discontinued, dropped, or replaced.
• Homebuyer follow-up as required
• Prior experience in interior design and/or new home construction environments desired.
• Customer service centric attitude a must.
• Ability to learn standard features and available upgrades for multiple floorplans and communities
• Confident computer user including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Work, FoxIt Pro, and/or Adobe.
Candidates can submit their resume to Katie.Layton@trcstaffing.com