Note: This story was most recently updated Friday, Oct. 8.
The Batch is finally back. Eleven months after being flooded out of the old location, the Batchmaker’s new west Charlotte opens today, Oct. 9, at 9am.
What to expect: The new Batch House, at 901 Berryhill Rd., will have all the treats we’ve missed, including the signature oatmeal creme pies and s’mores brownies. Expect some new desserts owner Cristina Rojas-Agurcia has cooked up at home, too, like her take on Dunk-A-Roos and some new creme pie combinations.
- Pumpkin puddles, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cake and pumpkin s’mores cookies will be on the menu for fall.
- Pretty Honest Candles created a custom oatmeal creme pie candle for Batch House that you can buy on site.
- Backdrop Coffee, a new coffee shop opening in the same development as the Batch House, will have a pop-up outside of the shop so you can sip on coffee while you wait in line.
The space: Batch House bakery is a 1,435-square-foot space in the Station West development. You’ll see plenty of nods to Golden Girls in the decor, floral wallpaper and pink ceilings and tile. The dainty floral china desserts are served even complements the space.
- It will be connected to other commercial spaces through “The Mixing Yard,” an outdoor plaza with communal seating and a food truck zone. Most of the development in still under construction.
Rojas-Agurcia says the process has been exhausting but the Charlotte community has kept her going. “That was worth this awful year. That was worth fighting for.”
- Whether five people or 100 people show up to the grand opening, Rojas-Agurcia says it’s a testament that the Batch House and its crew are still standing.
Here’s a look around the long-awaited bakery.