Senior Coordinator, Digital Editorial
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
The Senior Coordinator, Digital Editorial is responsible for evaluating innovative ways to create and program content across multiple digital and video platforms; packaging content that increases fan engagement (which includes smart programming of content on NASCAR.com platforms); copy editing for accuracy; push notification planning and execution.
• Create and program both editorial and video content in an effective way on the company’s digital platform and applicable social channels, often working under tight deadlines
• Create and edit outward-facing components on the website and mobile app in order to drive fan engagement
• Work collaboratively across internal departments, keeping key stakeholders informed on NASCAR.com content plans and prioritizing internal asks of support
• Basic QA of high-traffic, high-engagement and high-expectation components, including section fronts, site navigation, schedule, standings, track & ticket information, sponsor obligation and support of OEM and official partners.
• Identify, produce and curate social media content, including writing blog posts and other short stories
• Edit stories for factual accuracy as well as adherence to different styles (company and Associated Press)
• Place stories and story packages on section fronts, using analytical tools and news judgment to determine appropriate placement
• Work with video team to cut/edit and post videos
• Approximate travel 5% including weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required, preferably in Journalism or equivalent, plus a minimum of four (4) years of current digital and/or editorial production experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in a newsroom environment under deadline pressure.
• Proficient on all Company provided hardware and software. Knowledge of social media content management and reporting platforms. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere or After Effects and other similar multimedia software suites.