Senior Content Strategist
Create strategic and compelling content for Truist web and mobile applications. Evaluate business requirements, user requirements, and communication goals to design a distinctive client experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.)
• Team up with product owners, UX and UI designers, lines of business partners, and other key stakeholders to deliver distinctive client experiences with compelling content.
• Analyze, plan, develop, and implement content strategy to meet business goals for aligned team(s). This could include conducting user research, establishing content guidelines, and designing content delivery processes.
• Create, write, edit, and deliver content that’s compelling, easy to understand, on-brand, and backed by data and research. Use UX writing to guide clients through the optimal user experience.
• Promote and foster the Truist brand voice through application of our voice and message principles, effective written communication, peer review, agency consultation, ongoing training and education, and pair writing with SMEs.
• Partner with content strategy team by participating in standards discussions, peer reviews, and fostering cross-segment alignment.
• Keep current with best practices, digital trends, usability, accessibility, and industry trends.
• Contribute and adhere to the editorial strategy, style guide, and standards to ensure quality, consistency and brand alignment across product families within Truist.
• Provide leadership on content solutions by understanding, applying and disseminating content strategies and best practices in cross-functional teams.
• Utilize appropriate technologies and content methodologies to capture, store, deliver and preserve Truist content.
• Practice quality assurance procedures at each deliverable stage to maintain content integrity and ensure that content meets project specifications and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Multimedia or related field, or equivalent education and related training
• Five years of online/digital content development and strategy experience
• Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to write successfully for web and mobile applications
• Understanding of content disciplines, including copywriting, catalog architecture, public relations, social media and SEO
• Strong interpersonal communications skills with ability to present solutions in a clear, concise and persuasive fashion
• Strong leadership skills
• Great attitude and passion for collaboration
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s degree
• Financial institution experience
• Marketing communications writing experience
• Cross-channel content strategy experience
• Experience in multimedia creation/editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition)
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.