VP Credit Risk & Analytics – Credit Cards
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable, and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are seeking a Director of Credit Risk & Analytics to support our new Credit Card business. In this critical role, the individual will build the credit risk and analytics team for the newly launched credit card business. The credit cards team, working in close contact with the existing OneMain credit risk team, will establish the acquisition, underwriting, fraud, ECM (existing customer management) and collection strategies, policies and processes for the cards business.
A successful candidate will expand their competencies and grow their business and industry acumen, as well as demonstrate the ability to work on complex processes or projects across the end-to-end project cycle. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions, develop insights and push the traditional boundaries of the lending industry.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking and operational delivery
• Synthesize insights across different sources into a comprehensive and holistic strategy
• Energy, curiosity, and ability to frame intelligent questions to uncover issues and spearhead the formulation of approach and methodology
• A high degree of comfort drawing well-supported insights from complicated datasets to influence and convey a point of view to the leadership team
• Self-motivated and organized – a high degree of comfort managing multiple stakeholders and team members; strong collaboration and teamwork skills; and a problem-solver oriented toward achieving results
• Build the Team – An on-shore and off-shore team will be recruited to support the growth ambitions of the credit card business. In addition, the dedicated cards team will be partnering with the rest of the OMF credit risk team to leverage best practices. The Director will need to build the team and create a collaborative, high performance department capable of supporting rapid growth.
• Design the Initial Product and Test Strategy – Working across functions, including with the product team, to design the test strategy and build the product proformas. His/her team will review performance of the product versus established performance hurdles and work to adjust/react/respond to scale the business.
• Execute Credit Risk and Fraud Strategy – Responsible for lending with optimal credit performance. Oversee the team and constantly test and improve credit, fraud and collections models and strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Advanced Degree (preferred) and 10 + years’ experience in senior leadership roles within credit risk management with significant exposure to credit cards
• Deep knowledge and expertise of underwriting and account management techniques, with a credit operational background (preferred experience with near/sub-prime credit)
• Demonstrated expertise in credit concepts and practices for the financial services industry
• Knowledge of consumer-lending best practices, including the use of advanced statistical techniques and data sources
• Experience in digital strategy, online lending and analytics
• Experience in communicating to the board and executive management team regarding the condition of the portfolios and applicable risk management strategies
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to gain trust and achieve business objectives
• Ability to work in fast-paced ever-changing environment and the ability to juggle an array of tasks and individuals on tight timelines
• Innovative and capable of developing a highly analytical approach to solving problems
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
• Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
• Up to 4% matching 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Continuing education
• Bonus eligibility
• Paid time off
• Paid volunteer time