SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory & Testing Inc. (SUMMIT) is an employee-owned multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting services firm offering Construction Materials Testing, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering and Forensic Inspections, Residential and Retaining Wall Design, Subsurface Drilling, and Chapter 17 Special Inspections, Advanced AASHTO, ACI, AMRL, CCRL and NCDOT Laboratory Testing.
Headquartered in Fort Mill, SC with branch offices in Raleigh, NC and Charleston, Greenville, and Columbia, SC, SUMMIT is continuing to add career & internship opportunities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits including professional development and certifications, medical/vision/dental insurance plans, 401(k) plan, paid time off & holidays, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
SUMMIT, a multi-disciplined engineering firm, seeks a Main Receptionist to add to our Fort Mill, SC office. This full-time position will provide assistance to all departments of the Fort Mill Office including scheduling foundations requests, assisting departments with deliveries, packages and report preparation, helping the accounting department with invoicing and credit card payments, answering company phone calls, keeping office and break room clean and well-stocked, as well as other tasks as needed.
Reports to: HR Office Manager
Location: Charlotte/Fort Mill Office
• Answer company phone calls and greet guests as they enter the building
• Answer Foundations scheduling calls and log calls/requests in Outlook
• Schedule and coordinate daily work requests from contractors, project managers, and foundations technicians
• Manage daily mail deliveries, USPS, UPS and FedEx incoming and outgoing packages
• Coordinate conference room calendars and meetings
• General administrative duties for department including copying, filing, saving paperwork electronically and data gathering
• Order office/break room supplies including restocking upon delivery, clean and organize these common areas
• Enter purchase orders in Hyphen Solutions for foundation invoices
• Filing for CMT/Geotech/Accounting/HR departments
• Maintain business correspondence between SUMMIT and clients: W-9 requests, Certificates of Insurance, Vendor Applications, Annual Business Licenses
• Administrative tasks for Lab, not limited to report entry & distribution of reports to clients
• Assist environmental department with deliveries, packages & report preparation
• Assist accounting department with invoicing, credit card payments & invoice distribution
• Act as the point of contact for DMV
• Other miscellaneous tasks as requested
• Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
• Preferred: Associates/Bachelor’s degree with focus in business, administration and/or civil engineering
• Ability to organize effectively, demonstrate strong time management abilities, plan, schedule, coordinate resources and effectively meet deadlines
• Work directly with clients, making sure their requests are understood and well documented
• Must be detail oriented
• Familiarity with Accounting software preferred: Deltek, Excel and other MS Office applications
• Must have a self-directed personality; pro-actively offers assistance and solutions
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor
• Ability to carry out instructions given in oral and written form
• Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written/electronic form
• Ability to implement organized reporting systems and procedures
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to enter numbers and data into computer software system for accounting and payroll purposes and calculate basic math
• Ability to implement organized reporting systems & procedures
• Required: Minimum 1 year in an administrative position
Work setting is in an office atmosphere. There is exposure to a moderate level of noise that could include business office with computers and printers with light traffic throughout.
You must have the ability to use your hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit. You will have the ability to see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. This employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings to include background and reference checks.
SUMMIT is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required; random and post-accident drug screening is also undertaken.
SUMMIT offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package and a broad range of career opportunities.
SUMMIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.