The legal secretary will work with multiple attorneys providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents; calendar maintenance; various office and client filing and electronic transcription.
The successful candidate types at least 65+ wpm accurately, is a very organized multi-tasking, detail-oriented team player possessing at least 3 years recent legal secretary experience (including electronic filing).
• Engaged in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects, utilizing available resources in order to achieve.
• Provide support to up to three attorneys in employment law matters and backup support as needed.
• Answer phones and communicate with clients on a daily basis.
• Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies.
• Preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments as directed.
• Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential time-sensitive material.
• Run conflict checks and open new client engagements as requested.
• Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records.
• Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed.
• Maintain docketing for litigation attorneys.
• Transcribe electronic dictation, and schedule depositions.
• Various office and client filing; proofreading documents.
• At least 3 years recent legal secretarial experience within a law firm, at least one of which was in the labor and employment field.
• Typing 65+ wpm.
• Law firm billing software a plus. Familiarity with state and federal rules and procedures.
• Experience with Federal ECF filing and Indiana E-filing
• Must have a solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filings.
• Experienced with trial preparation and briefs.
• Punctual with excellent attendance.
• Proficient with generating Tables of Authorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to multi-task, and timely respond to deadlines as well as balance workload.
• Knowledge of Office Suite 2007 a plus, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cooperative, small office environment and communicate with attorneys and support staff on every level.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 4 year college degree preferred
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a more robust, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work. We strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Email resumes to email@example.com