Skiptown is on a mission to make the lives of pets and their people easier, and even more fun, through a fully integrated pet services platform. A dog social club, Skiptown is the first tech-enabled, premium pet services ecosystem offering first class fun for pups and people. Our 24,000 sq ft flagship location in South End offers dog daycare, boarding and a social bar – and will soon expand to include retail, veterinary, grooming, training and transportation services.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join us in revolutionizing the pet industry.
You are someone who makes an impact and adds value, always. You have a passion for making the complex simple through innovative design, and are experienced in UI/UX design, visual design, prototyping, and user testing. You’re a passionate champion for the user but also know how to factor business considerations into your design goals.
• Lead the design process for all of the Skiptown tech products
• Participate in user discovery process for potential new features and products
• Support user testing of new products and features
• Review the implementation of designs by the tech team
• Find ways to add small touches to our digital products that “surprise and delight” our clients
• Help shape product roadmap based on insights from Skiptown software users
• Expand the visual experience of our existing Skiptown brand, including the digital products, physical space, and marketing assets
• At least 2 years of UI/UX design experience
• A proven track record of success in building engaging products and a portfolio that showcases your work
• Top-notch skills in interaction design and visual design
• Experience leading user testing and research sessions and translating that feedback into actionable tasks
• A deep understanding of software usability principles
• Experience working with developers and translating designs for development needs
• Excellent communication skills and comfort having discussions with users, engineers, and executives
• Experience designing using both quantitative and qualitative data points
• You’ve mastered website design
• You’re an expert illustrator
• You’ve created a brand identity from scratch
• Your poster and flyer designs turn heads wherever they’re placed
• You know how to design a killer t-shirt or bandana
• You’re familiar with Figma
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• Skiptown offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Dog-friendly office!
• Free dog daycare
• Unlimited vacation policy
• PURPLE swag