Associate Project Manager
Skiptown is on a mission to make the lives of pets and their people easier, and even more fun, through a fully integrated pet services platform. A dog social club, Skiptown is the first tech-enabled, premium pet services ecosystem offering first class fun for pups and people. Our 24,000 sq ft flagship location in South End offers dog daycare, boarding and a social bar – and will soon expand to include retail, veterinary, grooming, training and transportation service.
We are looking for a Associate Project Manager to join us in revolutionizing the pet industry.
You are an expert organizer and see all of the details that go into the bigger picture. You make an impact and add value, always. You are a self starter who excels at research, documentation and driving projects forward to completion.
• Support the Skiptown expansion process across all new markets
• Track construction progress on new sites; participating in construction meetings and reviewing products and materials to ensure alignment with standards set
• Outfit new Skiptown sites with equipment and facility features planned
• Participate in zoning and site specific research for new Skiptown sites
• Research and provide input and alternatives for building materials, products and equipment
• Set up new facility vendor/maintenance accounts
• Provide onsite supervision for facility function during launch period and train new management on facility specifics
• Track all executed contracts and vendor agreements for facilities
• Manage all projects to budget while proactively identifying potential overruns and seeking available savings
• Engage new vendors and maintain vendor contact sheet to support Skiptown CLT facility
• Coordinate maintenance schedules and work with local Operations Manager to schedule needed repairs and services
• Maintain equipment/asset list for all facilities and aid in resolving equipment issues with local Operations Manager(s)
• 2+ years of experience in a project management related role
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Master research skills – you are good at comparing and contrasting options and you’re extremely thorough
• Experience using project management software
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Experience managing projects to a budget
• Experience with ground up construction
• “Handy-person” skills (you know your way around a tool box)
• Experience managing multiple facilities at various stages of completion (fully open and under construction)
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• Skiptown offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Dog-friendly office!
• Free dog daycare
• Unlimited vacation policy
• PURPLE swag