Director of Enrollment Communications
The primary purpose of the Office of Enrollment Communications is to build and advance a comprehensive, integrated communication strategy related to student communication throughout the student lifecycle. The Office sets the strategy and develops/deploys the communication, branding, and marketing to a diverse population permeating the student life cycle from recruitment through graduation. The Office of Enrollment Communications also directs and develops the communication strategy and content for external audiences such as families, school counselors, college counselors, community groups and community college personnel related to the recruitment and enrollment of new freshmen, adults and transfer students.
The Director of the Office of Enrollment Communications sets the strategic vision for student communication for the University. The Director is responsible for leading the creative process, developing communication strategy plans (including social media) and ensuring implementation for consistent, effective and efficient student communication from the recruitment stage through the student lifecycle to graduation.
The Director oversees the communication efforts and execution of the seven Enrollment Management departments in addition to divisional departments outside the auspices of Enrollment Management. The Office of Enrollment Communications, under the direction of the Director, is responsible for marketing, concept and design development for New Student Convocation, The Honors College and associated honors programs, all under the auspices of Academic Affairs. The Director is also responsible for overseeing the external communication development for multiple offices that engage with students, the community, families, school counselors, college counselors and community college personnel. The Director serves as the campus expert in student communications on multiple committees.
Through analysis of admission and enrollment/retention data, the Director is expected to increase effectiveness of student communication throughout the academic year. The Director is responsible for the following student retention initiatives, data analysis, benchmarking research:
• Assess revenue/tuition vs. lifetime value of the student.
• Monitor freshmen retention and analyze groupings and trends.
• Study Financial Aid awarding strategies that positively or negatively affect retention.
• Perform data analysis on various projects per the research needs of the Associate Provost.
The Director assumes the lead in formulating, interpreting, and implementing student communication policies and exercising substantial independence of administrative authority and discretion in areas such as contract negotiation and allocation of resources. The Director has the discretion to make independent decisions, which programmatically and financially obligates the University to those decisions. The Director provides oversight and monitoring of projects and contract budgets totaling $672,000.
The Director is responsible for the supervision, leadership and management of all employees in the Office of Enrollment Communications and is directly responsible for their communication efforts and products (videos, graphic design, copywriting, website design, varying social media channels, etc…)
• Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Creative Arts or Graphic Design, or Bachelor’s with equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years of communications management experience at a large public university or professional experience in the advertising, marketing or graphic design profession. Experience with communication and marketing practices especially in higher education preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite publishing programs. Experience using web-based Content Management Systems for website management. Experience in research and data analysis and the development of large-scale communication plans. Significant experience in leadership, budget management, and technical experience is required.
• Background that includes developing, initiating, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, communication and marketing plans and strategies, with a specific emphasis on digital marketing.
• Experience with Slate and Salesforce CRMs.
• Demonstrated ability to work collegially with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.