Adams Outdoor Advertising is a strategic media partner specializing in outdoor and digital platforms that provide the best omnichannel mix in the market. With locations in 13 markets across the country, Adams has a large team of specialists that build highly targeted campaigns for various brands, both big and small, that maximize ad dollars and achieve impactful results.
The Sales Specialist is a strategic partner to Account Executives. This position is focused on the pre-
sales process and plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective sale proposals. This key team member is integral in helping the sales team with account strategies by creating compelling proposals that support all of our products and identify up-sell opportunities.
In this position, you will be a key contributor and strategize with sales team members to create proposals using your ability to translate data, and research into persuasive proposals and intelligent insights that reach audiences to maximize revenue and deliver ROI. Decision-making is a key skill in this position, as well as independent thinking and judgment when dealing with work matters of significance. This position works cross functionally with Account Executives, Sales Assistants, Schedulers, Market Accountants, Regional Marketing Manager and Sales Manager. Sales Specialists have strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt to change quickly, managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, and communicate effectively.
• Challenges conventional thinking to focus on audiences, asset mix, and best practices to increase revenue.
• Creates persuasive proposals that are grounded in research and data.
• Creates compelling proposals that support all our products and identify up-sell opportunities.
• Strategizes with Account Executives to develop campaigns that deliver the best asset mix to reach client’s advertising objectives and audience.
• Utilize software and other research metrics to make proposal recommendations.
• Collaborates with Sales Assistants on requests for mapping and creative.
• Partners with Regional Marketing Manager to find the best story to position and sell AOA assets.
• Works closely with the Regional Marketing Manager on selling strategy, to find the right data and story for specific clients and industries.
• Maximize inventory usage to ensure campaign delivery, and correct pricing, by working closely with the Market Scheduler and Sales Manager to ensure all inventory is priced correctly.
• Create an open honest communication line with all Account Executives.
• Be able to internally sell the rationale of each campaign recommendation.
• Works in conjunction with Account Executives to review and evaluate client campaign effectiveness.
• Prepare campaign documents as needed, including but not limited to contract preparation, production contracts, posting instructions for both printed and digital creative, to ensure campaigns start on time.
• Works with Account Executives as needed on compiling information and special projects.
• Handles incoming questions and proposals for Public Service Announcements in keeping with office policy.
• Attend weekly sales meetings, as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in media sales and digital marketing a plus.
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with overarching skills to translate data, information and research into powerful points of view – Ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
• Previous experience interacting with a team of Sales, Advertising or Marketing professionals would be helpful
• Experience and strong knowledge of software applications, research databases, tools and applications would be helpful.
• Ability to back-up work and collaborate on Client strategies,
• Ability to deal with problems quickly, multi-task and prioritize work.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.