Family Law Paralegal
For over 40 years, Dozier Miller Law Group has provided results-driven legal services for thousands of clients in a broad range of areas including family law, personal injury, civil litigation, business law, estate planning, immigration and criminal defense.
As our thriving FAMILY LAW practice continues to grow, we are seeking an experienced paralegal to join our team of dedicated professionals who deliver efficient and exceptional service for all our clients.
This is a new position that will provide dedicated support for 2-3 attorneys with growing practices and active litigation cases.
To best serve our clients, Dozier Miller Law Group is committed to employing and rewarding the best talent in Charlotte’s legal community.
Our paralegals are held to high standards of performance and are compensated accordingly. Our salaries are commensurate with experience starting at $40,000 and we offer a competitive benefits package.
• 3+ Years Paralegal Experience (Required) in a Family Law practice with an avg. of 40+ concurrent litigation cases (Preferred)
• Associate’s Degree or higher (Required) in Paralegal Studies or a related field (Preferred)
• Paralegal Certificate or 5+ years of professional experience in lieu of certification
• North Carolina Notary Public or the ability to obtain such qualification
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Required)
Preferred prior experience
• Performing client interviews to collect information required for initial consults and ongoing case needs
• Drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery requests/responses, affidavits, and other family law case documents
• Independently managing case deadlines and calendars, including preparation of all necessary documents prior to any meeting
• Ensuring attorneys are adequately prepared prior to any appointments
• Attending client meetings
• Preparing for trials, mediations, and depositions
• Supporting attorneys in the courtroom during litigation cases
A note about COVID-19: We are currently operating with a hybrid office model, using technology to meet with clients as necessary, and practicing social distancing with masks when in the office.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.