Human Resources Manager
We are a full-service commercial real estate firm headquartered in downtown Charlotte, with offices in Raleigh, Greenville, SC, and Columbia, SC. Our team of 175 real estate professionals’ entrepreneurial spirit and deep roots work together to create success for our clients and an engaging company culture. Our respected team of commercial real estate professionals is directly responsible for our company’s success and collaborative culture. We bring passion, an entrepreneurial approach, and best-in-class service to everything we do, every client we serve, and every space we touch.
We encourage our team to be authentic and genuine at work, giving them support and latitude to perform their very best. We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to lead our HR Department. Our company culture and workplace environment are vital parts of who we are as a firm and finding the right fit for this position is very important to the entire Trinity Partners team. Because of our entrepreneurial nature and fast-paced environment, we need a motivated self-starter. You must be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with team members to execute our human resources programs while supporting employees across all four offices.
Since you already speak the lingo, you can likely envision the position’s general areas of responsibility:
• Payroll, Benefits, and 401k Administration
• Employment Law/Regulatory Compliance
• Employee Relations
• Performance Management
• Training and Development
• Collaborate with leadership to understand the firm’s goals and strategy related to human resources.
• Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
• Monitor and ensure the firm’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Administer and execute human resource programs including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits, onboarding, leaves of absence, employee relations, performance and talent management, recognition, recruiting, risk management, training and development.
• Act as a consultant and provide training on performance and development practices, talent management and overall organizational needs.
• Serve as a credible coach and confidante to leaders, as well as a strong employee advocate.
• Accurately enter and maintain employee data within HRIS system; generate payroll and employee data reports as needed.
• Provide support and respond to employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, managers, and external clients.
• Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll; including garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. Manage time and attendance records for non-exempt and exempt employees.
• Oversee 401(k) plan administration.
• Lead the talent acquisition and recruitment process by recruiting, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants, collaborate with management to assess skills and competencies required for position. Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
• Maintain appropriate OSHA records and Workers’ Compensation incidents and reports.
• Assist with special projects and additional duties as requested.
• In-depth knowledge of general human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
• Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in your work a must.
• Ability to act with integrity and a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Exceptional professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional prioritization, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks while ensuring all customer groups receive timely attention, strong time management skills.
• Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Human Resources or related field required.
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
• Minimum of five years of related experience and training.
• Proven HR generalist experience in the following disciplines: Recruiting, Payroll, Employee Relations, HRIS, Performance Management, Talent Development, Employee Engagement, and Benefits Administration.
• Demonstrated experience working with an HRIS system.
• Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Understanding of the commercial real estate industry helpful, but not required.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to apply directly through our website. We encourage you to look around the website and our social media accounts to learn more about who we are and why we’re different. We’re eager to find an HR Manager to help support and grow our team, company culture, and impact across the Carolinas.