Senior Analyst Online Category Experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter. #LI-81GLAW.
The role of category experience is to strategically evaluate the online experience for customers while also evaluating the industry to create and test data driven ways to improve upon the customer’s shopping experience with Lowe’s.
The Sr. Analyst, Category Experience will provide internal and external research and/or benchmarking, review/analyze customer information and other relevant data, conduct analysis, while also providing insights and recommendations within their assigned area. S/he will track, analyze, and report on key performance metrics to ensure activities within their assigned area are meeting strategic and financial objectives. They will actively create action plans to address key opportunity areas.
The Sr. Analyst will serve as a member of a team of peers and will be expected to help coach and develop less experienced analysts.
• Provides insights, competitive intelligence, and data driven recommendations to the manager of his/her assigned area.
• Creates insight-based action plans to solve identified opportunity areas.
• Maintains knowledge and awareness of best practices within the company, competitors, and retail industry. Works with his/her manager to introduce and disseminate best practices across the organization.
• May be asked to meet with and present to Online and Core Merchants to deliver insights to guide future strategies, tactics, or activities.
• Works as a member of a larger team and may be asked to help coach and develop less experienced team members.
• Cross-functional partnership with various teams throughout the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field (or equivalent work experience in related field)
• 4 years relevant experience
• Experience in one or more: Adobe Analytics, SQL, Power BI, MicroStrategy
• Highly proficient in MSOffice suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, apply forecasting methods, draw insights, and translate into business recommendations
• Understanding of online merchandising, marketing, and selling principles
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible and able to perform in an ambiguous, fast-paced, changing environment
• Analytics, statistics, and/or financial background
• Detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple requests and follow up with others to make sure things get done
• 2+ years retail experience
• 3+ years online experience or Omni-Channel merchandising/marketing
• 1 year background in analytics, statistics, business planning, and/or finance
• Experience working on or with cross-functional teams
• Experience with Adobe products (e.g., Adobe Analytics and Workspace)
• Experience in Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, or related field
• Experience in Customer Insights (CI), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Customer Experience (CX)
• Experience with product management and/or product content optimization
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.