Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
The Product Designer provides input into overall design decisions and completes the tactical design work associated with assigned projects. This includes responsibility for delivering user flows, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, and user interface elements. The Product Designer works with a team of Designers, Engineers, and Content Developers to deliver assigned design projects in a timely and efficient manner. To be successful, the Product Designer must have general knowledge of external processes and technologies, both standard and unique to Lowe’s, including the work processes, technologies, platforms, and services of the business and IT capabilities.
• Architects and designs high-quality and engaged experiences for Lowe’s customers and associates
• Leads multiple aspects of design projects within a single track of work within a platform or suite of products; completes projects for individual products or supports projects at the product group level
• Utilizes best practices to build user flows, wireframes, and design comps and low-fidelity prototypes to ensure our products deliver optimal experience
• Solves challenging design problems at a product level
• Understand the needs of each project and line of business
• Utilize variety of architecture, UI design and graphic design skills to best meet the varying needs of business
• Delivers quality, timely deliverables such as presentations, user interface elements, wireframes, and production work
• Manages visual and interactive creative assets, as well as their final solution; sets the building blocks within the Lowe’s Digital design system
• Works cross-functionally with other teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 3 years of experience in UX Design
• Expert proficiency with sketch and/or other design tools
• Basic understanding of design system theory and execution
• Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to take an established design language and work with UX Architects to extend the language
• Portfolio of completed design projects