Panthers safety Juston Burris started a short-term rental venture, called The Next Stop Co., a year ago with two Airbnbs, but he’s just getting started.
“Real estate is where my passion is taking me,” Burris said. His mom’s been a property manager for most of her life. That, combined with his love for travel, helped inspire The Next Stop Co.
He currently has two active Airbnb listings (@thenextstopcollective) in Asheville.
The Hillside Haven fits 8 guests with 3 beds and 2 baths.
- It’s rated 4.95 stars with 44 reviews.
- It starts at $145 a night.
The Blue Ridge Bungalow also fits 8 guests with 3 beds and 2 baths.
- It’s rated 5 stars with 24 reviews.
- It starts at $129 a night.
What’s next? Burris recently bought a house in the resort town of Wintergreen, Virginia, and plans to list it on Airbnb after renovations are complete late summer/early fall. He’s also scouting land in Emerald Isle and Oak Island to build a beach house.
- Ideally, all of the homes will be close to attractions like skiing or the beach, but also in mild climates so people can enjoy hiking and breweries and outdoor leisure activities most of the year.
The vision is to have a variety of short-term rental properties along the east coast from Charleston to the mountains.
And after more people return to work, Burris said he’d like to offer more long-term rentals for those traveling for work in Charlotte and Raleigh. “I want to branch out into whatever real estate offers me,” Burris said.