The Communications Manager position is responsible for creating and promoting the identity and message of Charlotte FC to fans, the media, partners, and employees.
• Oversees and produces, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the organization.
• Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand.
• Plans, prepares, and distributes original promotional content such as articles, news and press releases, email, blog and social media posts, and other updates on behalf of the organization.
• Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities.
• Arranges for photography and/or press coverage for special events.
• Create, distribute, manage, and log credentials to all media
• Provide public relations and media relations support for all CLTFC games
• Create and distribute of game notes packets and statistics to media
• Develop content for the team’s publications
• Produce the team’s annual media guide
• Lead the fulfillment of player, coach, and staff media obligations
• Monitor and track media coverage of CLTFC
• Other duties assigned as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, sports management, or related field
• At least 3 years of experience in sports public relations/communications or related field
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be flexible and available to work evenings and/or weekends, nights, and holidays
• Must pass pre-employment screens
• Bilingual or multi-lingual skills
• Experience working in the soccer, sports, and/or entertainment industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and desktop publishing software.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of media contacts
• Punctuality, accountability, and keen attention to detail in each duty
• Discretion and trustworthiness related to sensitive club-related material
• Ability to work independently and in a group, and handle several tasks simultaneously
• Ability to react quickly and positively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
• Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
• Role routinely uses standard office equipment
• Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs. This position also may require travel at times
MLS Charlotte is an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.