Senior Business Development Specialist
This position will focus on business development for Atrium Health throughout the Charlotte Metro region. Responsible for supporting system goals by fostering relationships with physicians, practices and other hospitals, in order to educate them on Atrium’s portfolio of services. The Sr. Business Development Specialist is responsible for building relationships with healthcare providers, hospitals, major employers or organizations and help them make connections with Atrium providers. Analyzes business development approaches and strategies to determine their best use within the market or service-line portfolio. Advise clinical and administrative leaders on go-to-market strategies that support continuity of care, revenue stream and growth.
• Build and maintain relationships with system and non-system physician practices and hospitals to support clinical relationships with Atrium through face-to-face meetings, facilitating provider networkings, support and promotion of key CME (continuing medical education) events, and consistent and timely follow-ups to questions and inquiries about Atrium’s portfolio of services.
• Analyze referral data to track and respond to trends, sharing insights and market intelligence with clinical leaders with the purpose of building comprehensive strategies that address consumer needs.
• Identify new business development opportunities in strategically defined territories, markets, and segments with the purpose of strengthening care coordination of clinical services.
• Represent Atrium by providing excellent customer service both internally and externally, using a PRM system for contact generation, follow-up, and tracking to ensure client’s needs are appropriately supported.
In an office environment, occasional evening and weekend work is required. Walking and physical movement between locations and campuses is required. Operation of a personal vehicle is required. Reading, comprehending, speaking, and interacting on the telephone or in person is required. Operating computer and peripheral equipment is necessary. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies usually less than 10 pounds is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Sales, Marketing or Business Administration required. Master’s preferred. 4 to 6 years of B2B sales experience required. Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Strong organizational and multitasking skills. Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
• Healthcare-related experience, and business development experience within the Charlotte market, are strongly preferred.
Patient population served:
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected health information:
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.