Junior Software Developer
Cloverhound is a telecommunications, custom software, and IT services company with offices in Charlotte and Denver. We specialize in the development, installation, and configuration of Cisco Systems products including Webex, Contact Center, Unified Communications, and more. We are a growing company with passionate employees who make Cloverhound a great place to work. We are proud to offer a health insurance reimbursement, 401K matching, paid time off, charitable contribution matching, flexible work from home options, and a fun work environment in Downtown Denver and South End Charlotte.
Some of our key products include:
• A web-based video appointment application currently powering virtual hearings for several US state government agencies and telemedicine for a large hospital system.
• A high volume cloud dialer system that provides automated voice notifications for a large US utility company.
• A cloud application monitoring suite built exclusively for Cisco’s contact center and telephony technology.
We are looking for an entry-level software developer who is self-motivated and eager to learn. We work with a diverse array of clientele from Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits, and this role primarily involves working directly with customers as a software consultant. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable adapting to the changing needs of a fast-paced startup. In a typical week, you might be asked to lead the development of a custom application, or work on a larger feature in collaboration with our product team(s). We are looking for someone who can take initiative and solve problems on their own, but also knows when to ask questions and reach out to the team for help. Our team is growing fast and we are looking for someone who is willing to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to grow with us.
Note: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
• 1-2 years of software development working experience (or a degree in Computer Science plus relevant internships).
• Working knowledge of HTML, client-side JS, and CSS.
• Basic proficiency in SQL.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). This role involves translating technical problems into language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to consolidate information from different sources to solve complex problems.
• The ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• The ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal direction and oversight.
• The ability to work in close collaboration with a small (4-6 person) team.
• Experience working with telephony or Contact Center technologies, especially Cisco products or communications APIs like Twilio.
• Experience in a client-facing consulting role.
• Experience building, deploying, and/or maintaining SaaS applications.
• Working knowledge of front-end web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue).
• Working knowledge of back-end web frameworks (Rails, NodeJS, Django).
• Experience with relational databases, non-relational databases, and/or ORMs (PostgreSQL, mySQL, SQLite, Redis, MongoDB, Firebase, ActiveRecord, GraphQL)
• Experience with a distributed version-control system (Git, BitBucket).
• Experience with agile project management methodologies (JIRA, Trello, Asana).
$40,000 – $50,000 / year
Cloverhound is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made based on business needs and job requirements without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply. We’re an open-minded meritocracy and if that sounds like a place where you want to work, we want you.