VP of Demand Gen Marketing
At RealResponse, our mission is to help athletic organizations create the best possible experiences for their teams–from benchmarking sports programs to enforcing COVID-19 protocols to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of athletes.
Founded in 2015, our partners include universities from major conferences including the ACC, SEC, Big 12, BIG10 and Pac-12, as well as Professional Sports Teams and Player Associations, and Olympic National Governing Bodies.
Athletics organizations face mounting pressures, given the pandemic crisis, social injustice, sexual assault, mental health and others. RealResponse is at the forefront of a movement to equip organizations with the tools they need to address these pressures, providing a robust solution for tracking, reporting and responding to concerns. As a result, we are expanding quickly and looking for a star to play a critical role in scaling our rapid growth, and who is as excited about supporting the future of elite athletes in this area as we are.
You will be responsible for conversion through the marketing and sales funnel and your primary indicator of success is conversion of marketing leads to sales. As we expand into new verticals you will be responsible for identifying new acquisition channels.
You’ll partner closely with the executive team, including CEO, to drive the growth mindset throughout the organization. This is an incredible opportunity to have an outsized impact on a high-growth startup with huge potential.
• Own growth and demand strategy.
• Develop and measure comprehensive and effective demand generation plans that drive visibility and demand.
• Lead and develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with targeted buyers as evidenced by actions taken, by understanding our brand, customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape.
• Educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits.
• Develop assets that support and explain the features and functionality that we have and share them with various formats and deliver value.
• Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
• Coordinating with Customer Success to ensure the brand and product messages are incorporated into adoption and usage initiatives.
• Working with Customer Success on upsell and renewal growth efforts.
• Evaluate media and partner opportunities to further the positioning and reach for the company.
• Strategize initial expansion as well as subsequent growth into new market verticals.
• A proven track record of revenue growth and owning a number in organizations.
• Prior role(s) in athletics or technology, preferably both.
• 7+ years of experience in Marketing, with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing. Strategic marketing, product marketing, and/or product management experience is an added plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills — Must be comfortable in front of large, very executive groups, and a solid writer.
• Experience building and developing comprehensive marketing plans that incorporate objectives, marketing strategy, needs-based messaging and go-to-market for both marketing and sales channels.
• Proficiency in content management systems. You will be expected to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use dynamic calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific calls-to-action.
• Deep understanding of sales, marketing, and customer success processes and metrics in a SaaS business.
• Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t — working.
• Worked in a small, collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates,founder, and market.
• Experience in growth-stage company highly preferred.
• A passion for sports, having fun, and competing every day
• This position can be located in Charlotte, NC or remote!