Outcomes Research Manager
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
The OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI) is an independent, non-profit 501(c)3 uniquely positioned as both an academic research center and clinical research site servicing industry research. Research conducted at the OrthoCarolina Research Institute allows the physicians of OrthoCarolina,PA to offer the best available options, treatments, and cost savings identified through evidence-based research. Our research findings are repeatedly published worldwide for the betterment of orthopedics.
We are currently searching for a Outcomes Research Manager to work with our OCRI team in Charlotte
The Outcomes Research Manager is responsible for the daily management of the outcomes research staff/department, collection of data and adherence to all State/Federal regulatory requirements. This position will oversee the department’s database management systems, the progress of new and active trials, the finances associated with ongoing work. In addition, this position will assist with the writing grants, abstracts, manuscripts and activities associated with study protocol design.
• Ensures the department is following FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, GCPs, OSHA, HIPAA compliance and adhering to all OCRI Standard Operating Procedures and strict confidentiality in all work. Oversees study progress and quality assurance.
• Coordinates staffing and resources for all investigator-initiated, outcomes, post-market non-Food and Drug Administration (FDA) research projects. Leads by example, providing coordinating support when necessary.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations and treat all employees fairly
• Exhibits skills in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships. Works closely with Sponsors, collaborative partners, supporters, and Physician researchers.
• Manages the quality and completeness of all sub-specialty databases.
• Works closely with the Statistical Team to ensure fluency with research operations.
• Writes and/or edits protocols, abstracts, posters, manuscripts
• Evaluates physician requests related to non-sponsored research projects for budget, time allocation, and research resources.
• Submits and presents research requests to the RAC committee for non-sponsored research studies.
• Responds as needed to requests for research assistance and provides troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or other related field preferred.
• Should have a combination of appropriate education and experience equal to 5 or more years in Academic/Investigator Initiated Research experience.
• Experience leading teams of people and directing the work of others.
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit sharing plan