Part Time Corporate Counsel
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success; we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect; ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote and environment of teamwork throughout the organization.
If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking – then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you!
We are currently searching for a Corporate Counsel to work with our OrthoCarolina Administration team in Charlotte. This position will start out part time, 24 hours per week, and will be benefit eligible.
The Corporate Counsel, under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Counsel, prepares and reviews a variety of complex contracts and provides legal counsel, guidance and representation to the OrthoCarolina and its affiliated operations as requested on legal and operational issues including:
• Advise on employment, medical staff issues, contracting, and patient concerns.
• Provide legal review and/or advice to OrthoCarolina administration with respect to operational matters.
• Participate in the development of system policies and procedures
• Draft, review and negotiate contracts; develop form contracts
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
• Current license to practice in North Carolina
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare law, including but not limited to, HIPAA, Stark, • AKS, fraud and abuse, and healthcare regulatory compliance.
• Law firm experience preferred
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit sharing plan