Business Systems Analyst
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the parent organization to councils that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000 volunteers in all 50 states. In a recent third-party work culture survey, Girls on the Run International was described by its employees as: collaborative, joyful, hardworking, caring, fast paced and quality focused. We are a passionate group of people and today’s climate requires that our team be adaptable and flexible to continue to serve our stakeholders.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, gender queer or gender expansive in our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
The Business Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting subject matter experts on how to leverage technology systems to complete work more effectively, perform technical troubleshooting, and provide administrative support and governance for the websites, website content management system learning management system, CRM, financial software, HR system and SharePoint. This role will assist in identifying integration points and roadmap needs between systems and developing SOPs and best practices on how and when to use each system. Additionally, this role will assist in defining roadmap items for internal use as well as requests from vendors developing these platforms.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Technical Support and Platform Expertise in one or more of the following:
• Websites, specifically WordPress
• Content Management System
• Third party integrations
• Website server maintenance
• Financial System
• Serve as primary IT contact for councils, providing technical assistance for incoming tickets or issues related to the use of business systems.
• Manage website enhancements and bugs with internal marketing department and external vendors.
• Collaborate with product development teams, participate in product testing and provide feedback.
• Create and maintain governance documents as new features are released.
• Contribute content to tech support knowledge base.
• Manage user access and role assignment to systems based on governance.
• Manage technical support process with platform vendors.
• Prepare equipment and system access for new users.
• Stay informed on newest product releases, making recommendations on releases beneficial to the organization.
• Assist in writing/updating training manuals, user guides and other training materials.
• Identify super users from the field and leverage them to test new features and train other users.
• Upload and test content, and/or data.
• Maintain content according to document retention policies and/or governance document.
• Determine the proper means to catalog and retrieve content based on ease of access for staff.
• Manage user access to systems including APIs between platforms, bulk user uploads/deactivations and password resets.
• Serve as a Girls on the Run role model, embodying organizational core values and working to achieve the GOTR mission.
• Expand expressions of Girls on the Run’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access within the systems administration environment by leveraging technological capabilities to achieve organizational IDEA goals.
• Cultivate positive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Director, Information Technology & Reporting.
• Experience updating and supporting websites using website content management systems
• Three years of experience in systems configuration, business analysis, and/or service desk
• Three years of experience in managing customer-facing systems
• Ability to learn new software quickly
• Ability to work with users of all skill levels
• Experience using Microsoft Office products
• Experience with one or more of the following:
• Content Management System
• Website management, WordPress preferred
• Knowledge of HTML/JSON and Git
• HR and Finance Systems
• Strong end-user/customer service focus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoys problem solving
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
System Integration / APIs
Learning Management System Administration
This position is offering a compensation range of $22-$25/hour depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, a benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental, vision coverage, life insurance, and paid medical leave and a 401k plan with employer match. While this is a remote position, applicants must be central to the Charlotte region.
The deadline for applicants for the Business Systems Administrator position is March 9, 2021.