Production Designer role contributes to the Zeal Concept Creative Team by building & proofing pre-press mechanical files for our products and marketing materials (printed and digital). The Production Designer will also create and proof product sales presentations and linesheets (in collaboration with Creative and Sales team members). The Production Designer also helps maintain digital file archives. Zeal Concept’s product lines include stationery, home décor, kitchen textiles, candles, and more. This role collaborates closely with the Design Manager and Creative Director to ensure final files are accurate and press ready. Qualified candidates must have exemplary proofing skills, solid project management and organizational skills, great attention to detail and drive to meet high expectations of quality, teamwork and performance. The Production Designer role is a full-time position.
Key contributions: Build & Proof Pre-Press product mechanical files and specifications, Build and Proof Linesheets/Sales Presentations/Marketing Materials, Meeting Deadlines, Clear Communication, Maintain & organize file archives, support Creative Team members (Designers, Design Manager, Creative Director)
This is a mid-level Production Designer position that is full-time in Charlotte, NC. Work will initially be remote and over video calls (due to COVID-19) but employee must be able to come to our Ballantyne office (masked & with social distance protocols) for project & sample reviews on a weekly basis. Role will transition to full-time in-office work once it is safe to do so (Estimated Summer/Fall 2021).
• Build templates & mechanicals using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator while applying your technical knowledge
of digital and print
• Pick up files from other Creative Team staff and build out bleeds, fill out specifications, proof for errors, and prepare files for overseas vendors
• Ensure final mechanicals are accurate and error-free, including file construction, organization and prepping of files for print or digital output (print repeats, bleeds, crop marks etc.)
• Maintain archives of final mechanicals and photography files
• Build & proof program linesheets in InDesign
• Build Presentations and Marketing Materials (Amazon listings assets, Sales Presentations Powerpoints, etc)
• Maintain all current and historical art files on SharePoint.
• Work on multiple design projects, with flexibility to switch back and forth with ease
• Follow workflows, project and file management protocol
• Meet deadlines set forth by Design Manager and successfully communicate estimated timelines and project details with key stakeholders
• 5+ years of experience in pre-press for printed product (such as consumer packaging and paper goods) and preparing files for production and/or press
• Previous experience proofing press files
• A strong, dynamic portfolio that displays previous work in print, consumer packaged goods, and/or technical packs/mechanicals.
• Expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and the latest design software & tools
• High proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, other Microsoft Office programs, and other required workplace software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills & experience assimilating feedback with high level of attention-to-detail
• Demonstrate self-motivated, pro-active thinking and problem-solving ability with a growth mindset
• Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Experience following workflows and file management systems
To apply, please submit Resume and PDF portfolio or a link to your portfolio website to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a portfolio will not be considered