Property Management Assistant
One of the most respected commercial real estate companies in the Southeast is seeking a Property Management Assistant to join their team with the goal of promoting this individual into a Property Manager within 1-2 years. The Property Management Assistant will provide administrative support to the Property Managers while learning the ins and outs of the Commercial Property Management industry.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is passionate about real estate and property management.
Excellent pay, benefits, and advancement opportunity. The corporate office is located conveniently in Uptown Charlotte.
• The Property Management Assistant will provide administrative support to Property Managers which may include coordinating with vendors, distributing reports, and other miscellaneous projects
• Act as point of contact for tenants and assist with various requests or issues
• Provide support for year-end reconciliations, budgets, and due diligence
• Work within Yardi to update tenant sales, prepare deposits, and provide accounts receivable ledgers to tenants and access the general ledger and rent roll functions
• Log deposits into a spreadsheet, create deposits, and scan checks into the Yardi check scanner
• Maintain an accurate Certificate of Insurance database
• Maintain UCC filings
• Complete miscellaneous reports; analyze findings and report back to Property Manager
• Collaborate with marketing department to promote properties
• Order gifts for tenants
• Coordinate with facilities services or outside contractors to ensure completion of property maintenance and repairs. Follow-up with Tenant to ensure repair was completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
• Maintain database of tenant, property, and emergency contact information.
• Prepare move in/move out checklists, transfer utilities when needed, and update all applicable lists.
• Applicants must be interested in real estate and property management and should have a desire to advance their career in the Commercial Property Management industry
• 2-5 years of administrative experience preferred; strong entry-level candidates with a Bachelors degree will also be considered
• The ideal candidate will be an independent worker with exceptional problem-solving and reasoning abilities
• Professional appearance and demeanor including verbal and written communication skills
• Expert computer skills including advanced proficiency in Excel
Interested candidates should email their resume to Katie.Layton@trcstaffing.com