Communications and Marketing Specialist
Charlotte Rescue Mission is a non-profit that provides free, high-quality substance abuse recovery programs to members of our community who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford such services.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is responsible to support the organization’s communications efforts through print materials, digital marketing, event management, branding, and content creation.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist will support communications across all the Charlotte Rescue Mission campuses: Rebound, Dove’s Nest, and Community Matters Café.
Print material creation and management
• Use graphic design software to create print communication materials such as flyers, invitations, cards, coupons, menus, etc.
• Create a quarterly print newsletter in collaboration with the communications and marketing manager
• Manage ordering and inventory for all print materials
• Use graphic design software to create digital communication materials such as social media posts/stories, flyers, invitations, etc.
• Manage updates to the CRM and CMC websites
• Create e-communications in MailChimp or other technology
• Assist in posting to social media and responding to comments/messages as needed
• Manage the event logistics for CRM’s key events, both in-person (as COVID precautions allow) and online
• Create event materials such as invitations, programs, social media graphics, landing pages, etc.
• Work closely with the Communications & Marketing Manager to promote event attendance
• Ensure that CRM and CMC brand standards are closely followed across all channels and materials
Content creation and development
• Support the communications and marketing manager in collecting photos, video, and stories for social media, newsletters, website, print materials, etc.
• Copy edit and write content as needed
• Associate’s degree and two years of work experience or four-year college degree required, preferably in Marketing/Communications
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Windows and Mac platform work environments
• Highly proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Mailchimp, video editing software, and other software necessary to create print and digital content
• Excellent visual communications skills; understanding of typography, color theory and color relationships, perspective and space relationships
• Experience with website design and maintenance, specifically in WordPress
• Must understand how to use DSLR camera, video camera, microphones, and be proficient in all aspects of photography and videography
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to meet intense deadlines, work under pressure, multi-task, and be on call
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Strong self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work as a team member
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both written and oral
• Must be able to spend majority of the time sitting, speaking, listening, and/or writing
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact within thought, word and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the key qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties expected on the job. The job description at the Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that may be present or encountered in any particular job assignment.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com