Inside Sales Manager
Named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row, Elements Brands has a startup feel and a focus on results, collaboration, and learning fast. We are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Inside Sales Manager is a huge part of that plan. We are very excited to meet you!
Elements Brands is looking for a dynamic Inside Sales Manager to lead our inside sales department, own lead generation, direct phone and email outreach, and the customer lifecycle across our entire portfolio of brands. If you have experience scaling any business (especially a consumer brand) via phone sales – this is your chance to join a high growth company, take your career to the next level, and make a major impact. You will be responsible for improving processes, setting goals, and designing an incentive system that motivates your sales team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial player-coach who can analyze trends and manage the team toward successful strategies.
The ideal candidate will jump in and sell to “lead from the front”, model best practices, and help the team hit quota. You should be a natural salesperson with a knack for people and a strong drive to succeed. You can take high-level financial and strategic goals and break them into achievable milestones for your team. Put simply – your role will be to make inside sales revenue go up. You and your team will do that by prospecting and closing new accounts at scale. We’ll expect that you will set ambitious targets and motivate your team (and yourself) to hit them. Our products are sold nationwide through a variety of retail partners, including over 1,000 independent retailers. Your mission will be to take that number to 10,000+.
• Experience leading an inside sales team with an emphasis on metrics and performance.
• A proven track record of developing high-performance sales people.
• Built sales training programs from the ground-up.
• An ability to analyze sales data and spot trends for your team to capitalize on.
• Experience working with retailers of all sizes, especially independent and boutique retailers.
• A love for CRM systems – you should share our belief that if it’s not in the CRM, it never happened.
• A desire to get your hands dirty in a small company where your work matters.
If you were in this role over the last quarter, you would have:
• Reviewed current sales training program and relaunched an improved training program and curriculum
• Analyzed current sales practices and coached the team on proven sales strategies and tactics
• Identified new KPIs to track performance and coached the sales team where to focus energy for the best results
• Utilized our CRM system, NetSuite to track and manage leads, conversions and customers’ shipments
• Worked inter-departmentally with brand teams to coordinate marketing campaigns
• Worked directly with our Warehouse Manager to optimize fulfillment processes
• Been involved in strategy meetings for developing and launching new products into the wholesale channel
• Helped create new SOPs and documentation processes and uploaded them to our digitally native, cloud-based platform
• Conducted weekly 1:1 meetings and quarterly performance reviews with your direct reports, handled accountability conversations and employee feedback
• Presented a proposal to Leadership for an optimal sales org structure, including career tracts for new and existing sales persons
• Competitive salary plus commission
• 401 (k) with company matching
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance- Fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available.
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Parental Leave
• Fitness stipend
Elements Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.