Administrative Program Coordinator
JazzArts Charlotte is a Charlotte-based nonprofit arts organization committed to connecting community and developing an audience for jazz through quality education, performance and musician support. Established in 2009 by co-founders Lonnie and Ocie Davis, JazzArts strives to serve as a catalyst for cultural enrichment and music education that brings creative inspiration to the lives of people in the Charlotte region.
Since its founding, JazzArts has grown considerably to include two primary programmatic offerings: the JAZZ ROOM @ The Stage Door Theatre and a JazzArts Academy comprised of youth workshops and ensembles, camps and outreach to local schools. The JAZZ ROOM is a multi-performance, monthly concert offering in uptown Charlotte taking place on Friday and Saturday nights (with extended weekends including Thursday). Earned revenue from the JAZZ ROOM coupled with contributed revenue fuels the JazzArts Academy, which provides jazz music education for thousands of students annually.
JazzArts is at an important inflection point, with encouragement from local funders and audience members, to take a significant step forward in service to its mission. With high quality programming as its hallmark, JazzArts has a solid organizational foundation to grow. The organization’s leadership has developed a long-term vision of increasing impact through performances, educational programming and musician support, continuing its mantle as Charlotte’s premiere jazz organization.
This is a part-time position working 15-20 hour/week. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is well organized, creative, and experienced in managing a variety of tasks with excellent customer service skills. The JazzArts Administrative Program Coordinator will report to the President of the organization. The primary purpose of this position is to handle day to day operations involving program communication, check requests, contractor and merchant payments, e-mail and phone correspondences, and any other duties of an administrative nature. This is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional administrative skill, a passion for music and a keen interest in learning this sector of the nonprofit industry. This is an employee position; it does not include employee benefits due to its part-time status. This position may transition to full-time status when JazzArts in-person programs resume.
• Manage Jazz Academy registrations and correspondences; Jazz Room memberships/renewals
and program written and verbal communication
• Support relationship management between JazzArts Charlotte and community partners
• Assist President (phone calls, meeting scheduling, e-mail correspondence, program reports and
website analytics) and other online initiatives
• Manage and maintain JazzArts database
• Process artist invoices and agreements for JazzArts presentations and educational programs
• Coordinate contractor payments and invoices
• Manage programming and main coordination of school administration for Jazz in Schools
• Coordinate collection of program materials and distribution for marketing
• Process JazzArts payments and reconciliation on a weekly/monthly basis
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years work experience in an arts, education, and/or business-related field
• A strong personal commitment to the JazzArts Charlotte mission and vision
• Positive Outlook; energetic collaborator skilled in building and facilitating relationships
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent organization, inter-personal and professional written and verbal communication skills
• Detailed oriented; ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
• Computer applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator or Adobe
Photoshop a plus
• Experience with Altru CRM and reporting software a plus
• Familiarity with the Jazz artform, and history (both Classic and Modern) a plus
JazzArts Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. JazzArts Charlotte encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.
Beginning February 16, 2021, all inquiries, nominations and applications are to be directed via e-mail at email@example.com . Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Please indicate where you learned of the opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. To learn more about JazzArts Charlotte please visit: www.TheJazzArts.org