At Consolidated Planning, we believe in our process driven philosophy. The Advisor Performance Group (our inventive take on a traditional planning department) is our investment in the next iteration of how financial planning firms will operate as we revolutionize the industry. As a member of the planning and advisor support team, the individual in this position will provide expert training, guidance, and support to Consolidated Planning advisors. You will assist in the creation of plans and the implementation of strategies for a broad range of clients, learning the business from the inside out. In addition to receiving ongoing coaching and mentorship you will have the opportunity to also engage and learn from Senior Financial Advisors. Training is a combination of classroom education and hands on work experience, learning to utilize the tools and technology necessary to assist our leadership team in expanding our reach in the Southeast. Through this role you will work with advisors as an extension of Consolidated Planning’s philosophy and position CP’s advisors to serve their clients – individuals, families and businesses – by offering uncommon solutions in a straightforward manner derived from the collective expertise of Consolidated Planning.
• Assist in the collection and organization of client data.
• Input data and analyze client information.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with advisors and APG coaches.
• Manage and track cases to include consistent follow up with advisors.
• Manage and track applications/paperwork and advisor activity/communication.
• Prepare and process insurance/investment paperwork.
• Assist in the creation and recommendation of suitable strategies to advisors.
• Build presentation materials and organize deliverables for client meetings.
• Run illustrations and send issue instructions for new business.
• Create/submit weekly reports regarding status of current cases.
• Eager to leverage your passion to help others.
• Ability to operate independently and within a team environment.
• Organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize workflow.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
• Experience in the financial services industry or equivalent education (degree in Business and/or Finance).
• NC Life, Accident & Health Insurance License or ability to acquire within 90 days.
• Series 7 and 66 (65 and 63) or ability to acquire within 6 months.
• Minimum of 1-year experience with broker-dealer, preferably with Pershing.
• Experience with Whole Life Insurance products.