Client Service Associate
Do you or someone you know want to work for a firm that has won ‘Best Places to Work’
2 years in a row? Few careers offer the opportunity to personally prosper and positively affect people’s lives, here at Merit, we offer just that!
Merit is a fast-growing financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of its team members. With an unwavering commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. We build meaningful relationships with our clients utilizing a comprehensive financial planning approach. This approach allows us to help our clients achieve their financial goals and objectives.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with eleven locations predominately in the southeast, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80+ hardworking employees thrive in our culture of growth. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
Client Service Associates maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in all business matters to complete appropriate paperwork in a professional and timely manner. They also assist Client Service Managers in attending to client inquiries.
• Answer telephone and direct calls
• Greet clients and prospects who have in‐office appointments
• Schedule advisor appointments for clients/prospects
• Confirm advisor appointments with clients/prospects by email or phone
• Assist existing clients with account maintenance, online access to accounts
• Process client requests for distributions and deposits
• Work with Client Service Managers on resolving not in good order issues
• Maintain paperless client files on cloud‐based system
• Prepare client files for advisor appointments (including client reports for account reviews)
• Review notes from client appointments and complete action items as directed
• Update contact record in CRM with client communication, open/closed accounts, distributions, record status
• Process service forms as needed for clients
• Manage annuity contract delivery, obtain annuity receipt/confirmation letters
• Prepare and track various reports related to client service, as needed
• Should be team-oriented in order to help meet personal and company performance goals.
• Must interact with clients and team members in a professional and respectful manner.
• At least 3 years in the customer service field; ideally, holds some client service experience
in the financial services industry
• General computer skills (ability to access email and the Internet) are required for this position and proficiencies in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Salesforce are desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and time management skills
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
• Medical Insurance
• Dental/Vision Insurance
• Life & Personal Accident Insurance
• Short-term Disability Insurance
• Long-term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
• 401(k) Plan with company matching.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays