Experienced Family Law Paralegal
For 60 years, the attorneys at James, McElroy & Diehl have been honing creative legal strategies into an art form, fusing practical counsel with compassionate advocacy, and leveraging our unique culture – all to help North Carolina individuals and businesses meet their goals. We take a lean but hardworking approach to delivering comprehensive representation in civil litigation, domestic and family law, business law and transactions, real estate transactions, mediation and arbitration, employment law, appeals, estate planning and administration, securities, tax and antitrust investigations, and white collar criminal law. To learn more, visit www.jmdlaw.com.
James, McElroy & Diehl, P.A. is a highly respected, full-service Charlotte law firm looking for an experienced family law paralegal to join our team.
Responsibilities include serving as a liaison between the client and attorney, conduct client interviews, prepare and draft motions, prepare and review discovery, calculate child support worksheets, prepare trial notebooks and aid in trials as well as mediation/deposition hearings. The position supports an attorney with a busy domestic practice of highly complex matters. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs.
• Family law experience
• Ability to grasp and handle complex matters
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Sound judgment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
• Self-motivated, but also possess demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills and a mature, professional demeanor – able to interact regularly with clients as well as lawyers and staff throughout the firm
• The desire to work hard to serve our clients and provide the best quality client experience
We offer an outstanding workplace for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, strives for excellence, and has a team-focused work style. Our benefits package is top-notch and our salaries are more than competitive.
Our Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of our firm to afford fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please. Please send confidential resume with cover letter explaining match between your qualifications and the above job responsibilities to: