When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit with 14 years under our belt, building communities around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House empowers young adults to create their own dream Jewish communities. A Moishe House is led by a group of volunteer community builders who open their doors to twenty-somethings to create spaces of connection, new friends, and engaging events all at no cost to the participant. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House seeks a Communications Manager to join our global Marketing team. The Communications Manager works with the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and implement organizational marketing and communications strategy, craft internal and external messaging, contribute to digital and print engagement campaigns, and support efforts to inspire and mobilize our supporters and community builders. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in conveying Moishe House’s global impact and optimally position the organization for success.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. We want our team to reflect the breadth and diversity of the global Jewish community. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our staff team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the Former Soviet Union.
This position is based in our East Coast Hub Office (Charlotte, NC) or our West Coast Hub Office (Encinitas, CA)
• A storyteller. You’ll help us tell our brand story and bring to life the stories of Moishe House community builders around the world by writing everything from emails to blog posts, newsletters, donor communications, website landing pages, opinion editorials, digital ads, and print collateral. You have a strong opinion on the use of the Oxford comma! You’ll collaborate with Development and Program teams to capture Moishe House’s unique voice in all internal- and external-facing materials and communications. You have the ability to create clear and compelling content tailored to our diverse audience groups. You understand how our messaging has the potential to influence perception, attitude, and behavior among our varied audiences.
• A digital connoisseur. You’ll create and manage Moishe House’s email marketing campaigns and website optimizations. You are proficient with web publishing (WordPress CMS preferred), email marketing platforms (Pardot or similar), and have basic knowledge of HTML and CRMs (Salesforce or similar). Tracking and analyzing key performance indicators for our digital platforms brings you joy! You’ll provide regular and comprehensive analysis of Moishe House’s digital engagement through our various marketing platforms and you’ll surface opportunities to optimize and grow brand visibility. And you’ll keep us relevant by staying up to date with the latest industry trends.
• A creative thought partner. You’re excited to share your ideas and experience with others to help navigate complex problems. You’ll lead creative project kick-off meetings and collaborate with staff members and teams to develop and implement creative solutions and multimedia communications plans that strategically align with our brand and work towards organizational goals. You’re ready to help us dream up the next big thing!
• You’re organized and love a fast-paced environment. You have the ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, manage deadlines efficiently, work independently and collaborate effectively with various teams and partners. Trello and Monday.com are your love languages.
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, and/or Public Relations or additional four years of full-time relevant experience.
• You have 5+ years full-time post-undergraduate professional experience, preferably in Journalism, Marketing, and/or Agency, including a minimum of 5 years professional experience creating written materials/communications for an organization
• You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Advanced HTML and CSS skills
• Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host, and/or community member)
• Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
• Flexible spending account options
• 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees (Talent Alliance)
• Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
• 401k matching after one year of employment
• Quarterly paid day of service (give back to your community so you can help your community builders get involved too)
• Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
• Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms and more through Plum Benefits
• Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
• Annual professional development fund
• One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
• Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
• Local professional learning opportunities
• Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
• Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Starting salary range of $56,000-$60,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements. If your salary expectations are different and/or you have more experience than required, let’s talk.
Annual merit based salary increase
• Step 1: Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
• Step 2: Video interview using an online web-based platform
• Step 3: Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
• Step 4: We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
• Step 5: Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Please email cover letter, resume (month/year format), and 2 recent writing samples to: email@example.com. PLEASE WRITE “Communications Manager” with your first and last name and preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE.