Manufacturing Floor Supervisor – Medium Scale Compounding
Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team amplifies the awesome attributes and untapped potential of each brand while retaining the original name and soul. At Elements Brands, we are e-commerce experts, we have a startup feel, and a focus on collaboration, results, and learning fast. Recently named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work and Fast 50, we are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Manufacturing Manager is critical to this plan. We are very excited to meet you!
Elements Brands is seeking a operations professional who is ready to roll up their sleeves and lead our in-house manufacturing processes. Reporting directly to the Director of Purchasing and Supply Chain, you will be the leader of a vertically integrated blending team with the opportunity to design the work processes and team dynamic that supports a fast paced, quick growing company. This role is vital to producing the flagship product lines for the largest revenue driving brand in our e-commerce portfolio, the output for which is on a steep growth trajectory aligned with consumer demand.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an excellent people leader who applies their operational, systems-based mindset to identify new ways to optimize the workflow. Must have a demonstrated ability to utilize your skills and experience with manufacturing, blending and compounding to work hands-on with your team in the implementation of production processes. Training, motivating and unifying a diverse team to meet the ever increasing business demand while integrating changes will be paramount. Attention to detail, attention to the full scope of operations and attention to people are your top priorities.
If you were in this role for the past month, you would have:
• Increased finished goods output by >25%.
• Created production schedules with the insight from our inventory management team.
• Conducted weekly alignment meetings and quarterly conversations with your direct reports, handled accountability conversations and employee feedback, as well as manage a team of temp/1099 contract staff.
• Utilized NetSuite to track and manage the manufacturing process
• Identified new KPIs to track efficiency, cost, and product life cycle
• Worked directly with our Warehouse Manager to optimize processes around the hand off of finished goods and staging of raws/components.
• Taken part in the end of year inventory cycle count, having full accountability over the raws and components used in the production of our finished goods.
• Helped create new SOPs and documentation processes and uploaded them to our digitally native, cloud-based platform
• Worked inter-departmentally to ensure necessary stock levels for a multi-channel selling platform (dotcom, wholesale, and Amazon)
• Worked on the production floor in a hands-on capacity to blend, pour, and cap finished goods
• 3+ years of experience leading a manufacturing team of 5-10 people.
• The ability to stand for several hours at a time, and manually pour blended product into individual containers.
• The ability to repeatedly lift > 50 lbs. with a hand truck.
• Understand and implement capacity planning and labor allocation.
• Have a strong leadership track record with a focus on:
• Servant leadership – willing to do the same work being asked of your team
• Constant growth mindset – focus on future planning
• A desire to thrive when given freedom and flexibility, while still being open to insight and advice.
• A sense of humor and resilience in the face of challenges and setbacks.
• Must be able to maintain a level head when dealing with high stress situations and make wise, timely decisions.
• Excellent communication skills to motivate your team to achieve ever increasing goals.
• Competitive salary
• 401 (k) with company matching
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance- Fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available.
• Paid Time Off and holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Fitness stipend
“Elements Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.”