Mode is seeking a Sr. Copywriter with 5-7 years of agency experience, ideally having developed written and strategic content across a diverse range of industries and project types. This candidate should be dedicated to their craft, passionate about the work, and inspired by opportunities to create memorable content across various brands and platforms. In this role, primary responsibilities will include writing for brand strategy and positioning, naming and tagline creation, integrated campaigns, script writing, collateral, ads, social content, and anything else that comes your way. This person will be expected to write from various points-of-view, and align their tone and approach to the nuances of multiple brand voices. They’ll have the opportunity to write for our existing client roster of national brands across a variety of industries; over the past 20 years those industries have spanned Home Furnishings & Products, Food & Beverage, Fashion & Apparel, Sports & Entertainment, and Arts & Education.
The Sr. Copywriter is an immensely important member of our team, as he or she will drive strategic messaging and help develop new brands and experiences from the ground up. We’ll look to this person to bring their own creative perspective while welcoming collaboration and growth. They should expect to build on ideas through thoughtful conversations and critiques across teams, ultimately creating and presenting a product that benefits from a diverse range of thinking.
This person’s success will be supported by Creative and Account leaders with decades of expertise and experience, having worked with iconic brands, brilliant partners, and talented collaborators. Both inspiration and experiences are shared freely and will help to drive their pursuit of creative and strategic growth in the years ahead at Mode.
We look forward to the collaboration.
• 5-7 years agency experience developing award-winning written content and super solid strategic thinking.
• A breadth of work that shows a passion for copywriting, storytelling, and strategy.
• A skillset rooted in Brand Strategy & Positioning, Naming & Taglines, Integrated Campaigns, Collateral, Ads, Social Content, Scripts & Storyboards, Proofreading & Grammatically sound writing, and the ability to adapt to anything and everything that comes your way.
• A dedication to their craft. They’re self-motivated, and driven to create memorable content— the type of line that changes hearts and minds.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, selling ideas with smart solutions, and sound rationale.
• A thoughtful approach, full of curiosity and boundless creativity. They’re obsessed with every detail.
• Confidence in their abilities and ideas, but they’re open to dialogue and perspectives outside of their own.
• The ability to balance multiple projects across accounts all at once and with ease.
• Elasticity in voice and tone across diverse industries, audiences, and brands.
• An undaunted perspective in the face of creative challenges.
• The ability to contribute to the agency culture with clever wit, compassion, and any other uniqueness you bring.
• Collaborate across teams, Creative and Account, to understand and solve the right problems, presenting solutions that are equal parts smart and compelling
• Create branded content for integrated campaigns that span industries, audiences, and categories
• Come to projects with innovative ideas, suggestions, and inspiration to broaden the creative thinking
• Develop content that has a purpose
• Present concepts alongside Creative leaders and be able to speak thoughtfully about the work
• Maintain, and work to elevate, the established standard of excellence and quality in our writing
• Embrace challenges and opportunities alike
• Implement a combination of strategic and conceptual copywriting skills
• Adopt and evolve existing brand voices, create and establishing new ones
• Write thoughtfully for clients/projects big and small, providing vision for small ones and relatability to big ones
• Manage expectations and your timelines to keep projects on time and on schedule
• Contributing unsolicited, innovative ideas that help improve our agency and our client’s brands
• 5+ Weeks vacation per year (19 PTO days, 9 observed holidays)
• 100% Employee Medical Coverage
• 401(k) Plan with match
• Continuing education support
• Summer Fridays
• Work From Home Days
• Dog-friendly office
• Vibrant culture with strong work/life balance