Whether you’re single or just social distancing this Valentine’s Day, here are 8 festive things you can do to celebrate self-love.
(1) Pick out the perfect plant companion from PlantHouse.
People are overrated, plants are the way to go. PlantHouse has a floor-to-ceiling plant wall where you can select or get matched with a plant that suits your lifestyle. You’ll also find shelves stocked with ceramic vases, planters and everything you need to create a terrarium.
(2) Go boutique hopping.
Charlotte has tons of fun boutiques to check out. Here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Girl Tribe – Woman-owned boutique in South End.
- OMJ Clothing – Stylish menswear boutique.
- Glory Days Apparel – Charlotte-centric clothing and accessories for men, women and kids.
- Oplr. Leather Goods – Handmade leather goods.
- Worthy Figures – Curvy and plus size clothing.
(3) Munch on a Valentine’s Day-themed treat.
More than a handful of local businesses are offering fun, foodie twists for Valentine’s Day. A few on our radar:
- Babe and Butcher’s Valentine’s Day dessert board.
- Heart-shaped donuts from Your Mom’s Donuts.
- Strawberry Pop-Tart cookies from Honey Bear Bake Shop.
- Pistachio Rose doughnuts from Reigning Donuts on Valentine’s Day.
(4) Book a much-needed staycation at The Ballantyne Hotel.
The Ballantyne Resort and Spa is offering a romance package for the month of February that includes breakfast in bed accommodations as well as flowers and champagne upon arrival.
(5) Go mural gazing at Camp North End.
There’s so much to explore on Camp North End’s 76-acres of land. Spend an afternoon checking out all the cool murals and art pieces.
(6) Book a relaxing massage at Mood House.
Sessions can be booked for 50- and 80-minutes. Trust us, your body will thank you for it.
[Read more: Modern massage spa opens in Dilworth]
(7) Go for a walk on the Lover’s Art Trail.
This love-inspired trail features ten artworks in South End, Third Ward, NoDa and Plaza Midwood. At each stop, you’ll learn about the artist, mural and a fun fact about love or Valentine’s Day.
(8) Make a sweet treat with Sweet Spot at Home.
Sweet Spot Studio is bringing the fun of baking right into your home. Now through the end of February, baking classes will be offered virtually with lessons including French macarons, cake donuts and DIY Twix & Kit Kat bars.
More things to do this weekend: 23 festive things to do this Valentine’s Day weekend