Social Media Coordinator – Skincare
cbdMD, a national leader in the rapidly growing CBD industry has launched an amazing new line of skincare products, cbdMD Botanicals. As part of the team, this person will have the ability to function both within a smaller Botanicals “tiger team” as well as have access to and learn from the larger cbdMD marketing department. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make an immediate impact on an emerging skincare brand.
We’re hiring an innovative Social Media Coordinator to help us build brand awareness and engage with our community. As a member of the cbdMD Botanicals team, you’ll assist the Senior Brand Manager as well as the Founder to develop a multi-channel social media strategy, create dynamic branded content for our social media platforms, identify key digital media opportunities, engage with influencers, and report analytics on web traffic and engagement. The ideal candidate is a proactive team player who also has previous experience working in the beauty industry.
Reports to: Senior Brand Manager
Compensation: $18.30 – $20.20 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
• Work with the Senior Brand Manager as well as the Founder of cbdMD Botanicals to establish our brand’s online identity
• Assist with formulating social media strategy which correlates with our digital marketing goals
• Create monthly content calendars that identify strategic content and storytelling opportunities
• Monitor social media channels daily and own community management. This includes cross platform monitoring, responding to direct messages and comments, escalating questions and complaints when necessary, and occasionally moderating live events. This may involve occasional untraditional hours (nights, weekends) as spot needs arise.
• Report monthly statistics for our website using Google Analytics & Sprout Social to report on social media traffic and engagement.
• Engage in active social listening to identify trends, monitor competitors, and influencer habits. Use these insights to identify new content opportunities for cbdMD Botanicals
• Create content, as needed, using Adobe Suite and/or Canva programs
• Identify new media opportunities and connect with social media influencers
• Skincare or cosmetics experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent work experience required
• Experience with social media including deep knowledge of current industry trends as they relate to skincare.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and similar programs
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Customer service experience preferred
• 1-3 years of experience as a digital marketer or social media strategist
• 1-3 years of experience in the beauty/skincare industry preferred
• Candidates must be proactive and can manage multiple projects at once with changing priorities and timely deadlines
• Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills.
• Graphic Design experience a MUST. Please submit examples of work and/or portfolio for review.
• A criminal history background check is required of all employees.
• 3 professional references will be required.
• Savvy with G Suite, Google Analytics, Social media channels, Adobe Creative Suite and other Web based programs.
cbdMD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. All employment decisions of cbdMD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal or state laws or regulations. cbdMD will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.