Creative Manager (Hand Knit & Crochet Design)
Premier Yarns designs, imports and distributes high quality yarns from our partner mill to the craft and hobby retail industry and direct to crafters through our webstore. This is a rapidly expanding industry where you will be a valued team member.
Premier® Yarns is looking to hire full time, knit and/or crochet designers to join us in Charlotte, North Carolina (remote positions are possible for the right candidates). You will work closely with the entire Design team to produce creative and inspiring content for our brand.
• Designing a wide variety of knit and crochet items in our vast selection of yarns (see www.premieryarns.com for all our current yarns)
• Writing patterns, creating technical charts and schematics
• Proofreading and tech editing patterns and yarn labels
• Use of Adobe suite graphic programs
• Developing color palettes for yarns, other aspects of yarn development
• Working in harmony with our sales team to target areas that best need attention
• Coordinating with our marketing team to develop video and social media content
• Professional crochet and knit design experience (bonus points for crochet charting!)
• Some photography knowledge would also be helpful
• Ability to multi-task
• Lots of ideas!
We are dedicated to ensuring an environment of inclusivity and equality across race, gender, religion, age, and identity, for our employees, our customers, colleagues, and partners. All are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please email your resume and a sample pattern, if available, to us at HR@premieryarns.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!