The Financial Controller reports directly the CEO and falls with the Accounting Organization. The controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
• Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other job-related functions may need to be performed from time to time as requested by management, subject to reasonable accommodations.
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or similar background
• 3 to 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
Email Thomas@reids.com with your resume.