Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the parent organization to councils that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000 volunteers in all 50 states.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engagement Officer and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Director of Digital Marketing and eCommerce will oversee the development, execution, and evolution of the organization’s digital marketing strategy and eCommerce efforts to drive audience and visitor growth and engagement across social, email and web properties. They will have proven experience in developing strategies that expand and diversify audience, drive merchandise sales, and strengthen stakeholder engagement.
Digital marketing strategy and leadership
• Utilize leadership, digital marketing and eCommerce expertise to supervise a team of two (2) professionals. Support a culture of teamwork, learning, innovation, inclusion and accountability. Coach and inspire direct reports to achieve professional developmental goals.
• Develop a comprehensive digital marketing plan that defines priorities, key activities, and objectives to support organization-wide goals. Lead team to ensure successful implementation and execution of the strategic plan to strengthen audience acquisition and conversion strategies across all channels.
• Work directly with the Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy to develop and measure marketing initiatives, promotions, and campaigns, adjusting tactics as needed to reach targets and objectives.
• Work in close collaboration with fellow members of the Engagement team including communications, graphic design, project management and development to bring strategic marketing campaigns to fruition.
• Work closely with the Marketing Project Manager to ensure project timelines are defined and schedules are met.
• Control budgets and allocate resources among projects.
• Supervise the Digital Marketing Manager in daily responsibilities including the creation and execution of advertising campaigns and updating digital properties.
• Create an integrated digital analytics framework, with the goal of providing visibility into the customer journey and consolidation of analytic platforms. Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to analyze performance of digital marketing properties and identify areas of optimization, developing both strategic and tactical recommendations, including SEO.
• Work closely with the Marketing Communication Manager in developing and analyzing email marketing metrics and audience segmentation.
• Work alongside the Director of Technology, Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy and web vendors on the development of new and enhanced Girls on the Run online platforms including both the national and local council websites. Oversee updates to online platforms.
• Develop and manage marketing automation campaigns from concept to execution.
• Utilize Google Analytics and social media analytics to assess ROI of online channels to inform future strategy and drive increases in channel KPIs.
• Manage organization’s AdWords account and campaigns.
eCommerce and merchandise
• Supervise the Merchandise Manager on the execution of the Merchandise strategy to meet revenue goals and broaden brand awareness. Merchandise includes but is not limited to: apparel and specialty products sold via the Girls on the Run branded online store, Girls on the Run 5K merchandise program, internal apparel and specialty product bulk orders, curriculum and program materials, and medals.
• Lead online shop website update project, working closely with vendors to optimize the ecommerce customer experience on the site and the end-to-end ordering process.
• Develop the eCommerce strategy across online shop, social media, and digital marketing.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Marketing, Programming, Technology and 3PL partners to ensure consistent messaging and exemplary execution of eCommerce business initiatives and marketing campaigns across all consumer touchpoints.
• Manage online shop, working closely with Finance department and 3rd party fulfillment vendor to ensure product updates are captured. Create performance metrics to measure success and conduct analysis to determine effectiveness, implementing change where needed based on the data.
• Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance, and quality.
• Exemplify the Girls on the Run core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
• Develop positive and productive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Engagement Officer.
• 5+ years digital marketing and eCommerce experience in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
• Strong management experience, with proven ability to set clear expectations, and provide coaching, motivation, recognition, and accountability.
• Proven success at developing digital marketing tactics driven by analytics to achieve specific and measurable goals.
• Expertise in Google Analytics, Google AdWords and business intelligence tools.
• Demonstrable experience leading marketing automation campaigns.
• Thorough understanding of eCommerce marketing, including search engine optimization, keyword bidding and online tracking systems.
• Highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines.
• Solid understanding of relevant KPIs along with the tools needed to measure and analyze campaign performance. Strong analytical skills are essential.
• Dedication to maximizing opportunities for access, diversity, and inclusion within the digital marketing environment.
• Enthusiasm combined with a genuine commitment to and passion for the mission of Girls on the Run.
Compensation and benefits:
This position is offering a salary of $70,000 – $75,000 annually, depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, a benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental, vision coverage, life insurance, and paid medical leave and a 401k plan with employer match. While residence in Charlotte or the surrounding areas is preferred, we will also consider remote work opportunities for applicants from other cities and states.